Beauty product packaging

when you purchase beauty care products do you make a purchase due to the packaging? have you ever? or do you always check ingredients?

I used to buy products that had cute packaging when I was in my early 20s and didn’t really know any better, but now I’m reading everything on the label. I have found that some products make claims on the label, but include ingredients that are contradictory to that. For example, anti acne products that include ingredients that are known to cause or exacerbate breakouts.

I don’t think I ever have bought a beauty product because it was cute. I might be wrong but I can’t think of one just now.

I will definitely be attracted to good- looking packaging,
especially if I’m feeling like I
need a present, but when I look at the products I use over and over and their manufacturers, most of the packaging is more classic, calmer. A jewel tone or a more natural looking wrapping will still pull me in though.

Oops, Part II of answer… Whatever the attraction to the packaging, if the ingredients don’t look good, it doesn’t come home. Of course, that self-training took a while!

Whenever I purchase any product, I go straight to the ingredients list. A friend of mine once complained about shopping with me because she said I took so long reading everything. If the packaging is attractive that’s a plus, but never the reason for the purchase.

I usually buy products based on recommendations from friends and sales people who actually know what they are talking about. I could care less about packaging.

I don’t think I’ve ever bought a product because of the packaging, but I’ve definitely passed on ones for that reason. I really don’t like makeup packaging that has a childish, Claire’s or Limited Too feel to it. I like using things that are more sleek. I still love colorful and fun ones, just not with puppies and unicorns all over it. I feel like it’s honestly a stupid reason, but it just makes sense to me to not spend money on it if I don’t like how it looks.

I am a sucker for pretty packaging.
I love all the Too Faced packaging and for luxury I love Hourglass.
So yes, I have purchased products for the packaging.

I love pretty packaging, but I won’t it unless the product inside it is worthy.