Body Scrubs

i think it was the honest company sea salt and sugar scrub, but i dont know what oil it was. honestly it was a good scrub, but i just didn’t like the feeling afterwards. i dont really like the feeling of heavy moisturizer on my skin and this left me feeling it for hours.

1 Like

I hear you, different oils are absorbed differently by the skin, and of course it also depends on your skin type. Do you know what kind of oil they are using in your B&BW scrubs which you do like?

0 Likes

My favorite at the moment are REN, Orgins, and The Body Shop. Those are all great body scrubs, but if your making your own I would use brown sugar or raw sugar. The best salt to use for beauty and exfoliating are himalayan, dead sea salt, and epsom.

0 Likes

My favorites right now are the aromatherapy body scrubs line they have, which use essential oils. They give a nice calming fragrance and give good moisture to the skin without being greasy.

0 Likes

While this isn’t a body scrub, I recently started using Out Of Africa Apricot Exfoliating Bar. It has pure ingredients, Butyrospermum parkii (pure unrefined shea butter), prunus armeniaca (apricot) seed powder, cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, vegetable glycerin, sea salt, aqua (purified water). The exfoliating granules are very noticeable at first, but once the bar wears down a little, they’re more tolerable. Afterwards my skin is soooo smooth and soft.

0 Likes

Would you please post a link to that product Cherri?

1 Like

I have used an exfoliating bar before a long time ago, but I honestly don’t remember the brand. It did work really well because you can rub the bar directly on the rough areas of your skin, especially elbows and knees. The exfoliating bar is easier to use because sometimes the sugar/salt scrubs you have to scoop up with your hands in the shower and because of the oils it slips right off of your hands and onto the tub floor. This is definitely a slipping hazard so I think the bar is more user friendly.

0 Likes

Especially when your significant other uses the scrub, you don’t know they just used it, and get into the tub after them. I’ve had this happen more than once for sure.

0 Likes

https://www.vitacost.com/out-of-africa-pure-shea-butter-bar-soap-exfoliating-bar-apricot

0 Likes

I have used sugar and coffee scrubs. I really love Dove Body Polish though. It makes my skin so soft.:shower:

0 Likes

Coffee scrubs are my favorite. Although not sure they did anything for my cottage cheese thighs. Lol

0 Likes

Oooh I love that one too. I am using it now

0 Likes

I like sugar scrubs. They smell good and make my skin soft.

0 Likes

Here you go Erica…

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/cosmetic-treatments/cellulite-treatments

1 Like

Thanks!!! Super helpful article. Appreciate it

0 Likes

I use sugar scrubs about weekly. I love the different scents. I get mine from bath & body.

0 Likes

I love sugar scrubs, but I also make a coffee, olive oil, and sweet rice flour scrub using my leftover grounds. It’s a bit messy but I love it.

I’m currently using these body scrubs:

0 Likes

Lol as I was reading this before I got to the part where you used the k cup I was thinking hmm maybe I can get some coffee grains and rub them on my thighs hahaha!!! Well there’s tons of body scrubs but I haven’t used any. I’m going to check some out and give one a try​:grin::blush::wave:

0 Likes