Charcoal?

Has anyone used any products with activated charcoal?If so, which ones and what do you think of them?I have used the powder for teeth and the peel-off masks…I do feel like the masks really clean out the grime well.The tooth powder is slightly messy to use, but does make my teeth appear whiter…not sure if it’s a mind trick though…seeing your teeth black and then it just appears whiter once brushed off?Or is actually making my teeth whiter??? IDK.

I am a huge fan of activated charcoal.

I use it on my teeth in toothpastes and powders.

I also use a variety of kinds on my face such as activated charcoal masks.

Yes! I use it on my teeth and mix it in with my Aztec healing clay and matcha green tea face mask when I do my homemade mask.

I’ve used a few so far. I’ve tried a toothpaste that worked well. And I’ve tried a few skin care products. I would say that if you can find a sample product that would work best to see if the product will work for you. try a mud mask with charcoal in it. You can try a single one I like them. they dry quickly and don’t usually irritate your skin.

I’ve used charcoal in skincare and for my teeth. I stopped using it for my teeth because, as others have said, its super messy. I really liked adding it to face masks because it does seem to get all the gunk out of your pores. I haven’t tried those peel off black masks that are so popular, but that’s on my list.

I recently have used a toothpaste with charcoal.
I find it strange to have my mouth turn black while brushing my teeth but it seems to work really well.
Other than that, I haven’t tried anything with charcoal.

The only thing I have tried with charcoal is masks. I love the Loreal Paris Pure Clay Mask with charcoal, it makes my skin feel so clean and soft. I use it regularly and it has really improved my skin, I don’t breakout as often and my skin seems brighter and more even.

I’ve used plain activated charcoal on my toothbrush to try to whiten my teeth, charcoal in face masks, and toothpaste infused with charcoal. My face seems to burn every time I use the face masks with it. My skin does feel smoother after using it though.As far as toothpaste or putting it on your toothbrush, I’d say I don’t think it whitens too much but it might slightly whiten your teeth. I have naturally pretty white teeth even after I have my daily coffee.

I have this mask too. It burns a little but I noticed my face was smoother after using it.

I have honestly never tried anything with that ingredient.

If you take activated charcoal pills, you might be absorbing daily medications, like birth control or anti-depressants so I’m glad no one’s talking about using charcoal like that.
I haven’t found a charcoal face ~thing~ that has really cleared my pores as much as irritate them.
I like mixing it with baking soda to brush my teeth.

Dark Angels by Lush is a really great charcoal scrub/mask that can be used every day.

I use Activated Charocal face masks, cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask. Love how clean it makes my skin and hair feel.

I am as well!
It has become trendy as a detox supplement and I saw a picture of a croissant with it last week!

I don’t know of it’s efficacy if one is not on any meds, but it is given in certain situations when people ingest poison.
As far as topically, I tried a powder toothpaste and it was a nightmare, but I have received a few samples of several non powder versions in various beauty boxes. Not as messy, but I have not noticed any difference. I think kids would think it was fun, though.

I’ve tried both the charcoal powder to dip your toothbrush in and the ready-made charcoal toothpaste. I much prefer the toothpaste —much less messy!

i have not yet tried anything with charcoal in it

+1 for baking soda with oral care

I’m super paranoid about my teeth.
I floss daily, see the dentist every 6 months, and am just careful with them… but no so much I don’t drink coffee or wine :)I used to have nightmares about teeth falling out (aren’t those the worst!)
I digress…I tried one of these charcoal tooth powders 15 years ago, can’t recall the name.
I told my dentist about it and she recommended I stop using it, on concerns over being too abrasive for my enamel.Regarding charcoal and charcoal-based dentifrices:
According to the Journal of the American Dental Association
https://jada.ada.org/article/S0002-8177(17)30412-9/abstractConclusions: The results of this literature review showed insufficient clinical and laboratory data to substantiate the safety and efficacy claims of charcoal and charcoal-based dentifrices. Larger-scale and well-designed studies are needed to establish conclusive evidence.I’m just curious, do y’all like when I post links like these, where I cite scientific sources, or is it a buzzkill?
I don’t expect 100% support of my point of view, and you are of course welcome to disagree with me.
I’m sensitive to the fact I’m in a natural body care forum, where some folks may be searching for answers outside of western medicine.

I use Activated charcoal to whiten my teeth. I do it 2-3 times a week.

I use activated charcoal masks and apply on my face and keep it for 15-20 mins. It removes all dead sea particles and feels so good. I can see changes on my face.