Charcoal?

I also put Activated Charcoal Air Purifier bag in bathroom

to clear out nasty odors and toxins from the air.

I like the biore charcoal face wash bar soap.
It makes my skin feel really clean and fresh
although it does dry my skin out so moisturizer is important when using this product.
I also use a charcoal face mask

I’ve like all the masks I’ve used that contain charcoal! I feel like my skin is always very soft and clean afterwards.

I periodically use a charcoal toothpaste, when I’m up to cleaning the after mess. I use One With Nature Activated Charcoal Triple Milled Mineral Soap with Argan Oil and Shea Butter. :+1:t4:

Okay the teeth falling out dream is a super common anxiety dream.
When I have anxiety dreams, all my fingernails fall off.

I love all the science you post, some of your links have really sparked my curiosity.

Years ago, “experts” claimed selenium gave you cancer. Then they decided it prevented it.
People have been taking charcoal to detox (an MD once told my grandfather to
char his toast) for a long time. Then there was a concern about charcoal being a potential health problem. It may be better to use it externally for a while, but not for anything you might take internally.

Continue to site scientific sources. Because contrary to the cliche, ignorance is NOT bliss.

Activated charcoal is often prescribed to detoxify the body for poisoning:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/charcoal-activated-oral-route/description/drg-20070087I would wager that it’s probably best when used “as-needed” rather than as a daily detoxifier.

I use activated charcoal daily in my toothpaste. I use to have badly stained teeth from coffee, and moving around alot the dentist said they were flouride stains. Had them since a kid. After using coconut oil and activated charcoal for several months the staining is completely gone! Even two professional treatments did not get them as white. My bleeding gums also stopped. My dental hygienist was astounded.So for me, Coconut oil and activated charcoal have been a life changer. I also do oil pulls two times a week with coconut oil.

Yes, it definitely can detox, but can also apparently be rough on the body. Like so many things, good to have when needed.

I recall seeing this in another topic as well, can you elaborate on what an oil pull is?

One of the practices of Ayurveda is oil pulling, or the act of swishing and rinsing your mouth with oil. Oil pulling has been used in traditional Indian folk remedies to prevent tooth decay, bad breath, bleeding gums and to strengthen your teeth and gums.Bacteria is the root cause of both bad breath and cavity formation in your teeth. They have membranes that are fat-soluble and break down with the mechanical action of swishing and pulling oil. Research demonstrates that pulling oils improves the saponification, or breakdown of bacterial membranes.While sesame and sunflower oils may functionally break down bacteria, coconut oil adds another advantage. Coconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid found to inhibit Streptococcus mutans, the chief bacteria responsible for cavities.Coconut oil also protects against yeast infections in the mouth, generally referred to as thrush.Simply measure out about a tablespoon of coconut oil to pull. You may find this is too much or not enough, but it’s a good place to start. Swish the oil around your mouth, using your tongue and cheeks to pull the oil through your teeth. As you swish the oil around your mouth it breaks down bacteria. Both saliva and bacteria become incorporated into the oil, which is why you don’t want to swallow the oil as you swish. After approximately 20 minutes the oil begins to get thick and milky white.Spit the oil into your garbage can or outdoors. Although your saliva is combined with the oil, the liquid may still be oily enough to coat your plumbing and cause a blockage or cause water to drain more slowly. In time, oil pulling can become as natural as brushing your teeth.

So no studies on “oil pulling”.
I think some people want to use it as an alternative to dentistry.
The ADA doesn’t officially support it, which doesn’t surprise me, as who is going to pay for a study to evaluate the effectiveness of coconut oil when other products exist which you can’t easily make out of your kitchen.
That said,
they cited no potential dangers, either.
I think this is probably a harmless and easy procedure to empirically test its efficacy as a breath freshener, at the very least.
This sounds like fun and am going to give it a shot :slight_smile:

Just started using Soo’AE black charcoal peel mask. Although it feels like my face is peeling off, it doesn’t seem to clear my pores. Even after a few uses I haven’t noticed a difference.

Attachments

I have used masks with activated charcoal in them. I really enjoy how clean they make my skin feel. I have been wanting to try the charcoal toothpaste but I have not gotten around to it. Has anyone tried that?

Quite a few, please see topic comments above and on page 1 :slight_smile:

Ive used charcoal masks i love them they work wonders on my skin havent tried for my teeth too messy

I use activated charcoal scrub, cleanser, face wash, mask. I have oily/combo skin and it really helps with the oils and my large pores. I havent tried the activated charcoal tooth paste but I have heard really good things about it.

I use an activated charcoal toothpaste, and it works great–Although, I look ridiculous when I’m brushing my teeth because my whole mouth is black! I’ve actually scared a few people with it, you could think of that as a plus :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention that I also love the Biore charcoal pore strips. They are quite effective, and I have to say that it really pleases me to see all those darn little black heads sticking to the strip after I’ve pulled it off. Also, I recently bought the Hello brand charcoal toothpaste and I absolutely love it. I feel like my teeth have gotten a little bit whiter after a week of use.

Attachments