Colors! (A plus or a minus?)

I was thinking of shades like hazelnut, very light, but distinct. I have a Brazilian lotion that has sage in it. It’s green and while I’d prefer a lighter shade, maybe with a little blue or yellow in it, the color is distinctive and separates it from other brands on the shelf. Slightly lighter would also make it seem more relaxing, but energizing, as does sage. See it/feel it!

As I said (working my way through the platform), henna is an interesting idea, but I do want to share an experience I had with it. Admittedly it was a long time ago, but I decided to apply an extra black henna wash to my hair the day before my brother’s wedding. Maybe it’s different now (the henna in Godfroi’s comes right off skin) and I hope it is, because it ran onto my back and shoulders and turned my skin an interesting, just under olive, green! Took 2 of us, a lot of rubbing alcohol and probably a generous collection of skin cells to get it down to the point where I didn’t look like a short Christmas tree in a red chiffon dress!

As soon as I saw this I was like, uh oh.

Would have loved to have seen the look on the bride’s face! :exploding_head:

Bet you never went near that stuff again!

John

July 13

Emgie:
I decided to apply an extra black henna wash to my hair the day before my brother’s wedding.

As soon as I saw this I was like, uh oh.

Emgie:
it ran onto my back and shoulders and turned my skin an interesting, just under olive, green!

Would have loved to have seen the look on the bride’s face! :exploding_head:

Emgie:
Took 2 of us, a lot of rubbing alcohol and probably a generous collection of skin cells to get it down to the point where I didn’t look like a short Christmas tree in a red chiffon dress!

Bet you never went near that stuff again!

Im not so sure that I would be interested in a product based on color. Maybe a body wash because we already see that but I would be concerned with what it would do as far as bleeding onto clothing or changing the color of my skin. I feel like the packaging could be more indicative of the product itself. Colors would just be a minus for me.

Cast your vote! Poll: Colored products to highlight ingredients?

Yes, marketing. I think a younger crowd may like all that color or sparkle.

I have been using Henna since long time because I am from India. We use Henna as a decorative agent to hands snd feets also to color hair as a hair dying agent. If you add coffee to henna it gives hair Auburn tint that looks cool.

Would love to see some of your henna examples if you have any to share.

Hello,

Yes, there are so many henna infused Herbal oil, shampoo, and creams in the market. I can send you some screen shot if you want for example. I have tried Reshma henna infused shampoo and conditioner with coconut oil extract that is great.

Thanks

Sonika

If you have product recommendations, please post a link, amazon works well (onebox preview feature).

If you have pics of your henna work, please post those, I think our members would enjoy seeing them.

This is link for Reshma Henna Shampoo and conditioner

https://www.amazon.com/Reshma-Beauty-Henna-Sulfate-Free-Shampoo/dp/B074F44N89/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1531975230&sr=8-1&keywords=reshma+henna+shampoo

https://www.amazon.com/Reshma-Beauty-Coconut-Sulfate-Free-Conditioner/dp/B074F3STHC/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1531975230&sr=8-2&keywords=reshma+henna+shampoo

I don’t know how to attach pictures of my henna work

Take that GuidedTourBot I’ve been talkin’ bout :wink:

If its done naturally than I wouldn’t mind the addition to color, I think in certain products it can add aesthetic appeal.

I think if the color is from a natural ingredient, that’s fabulous. To start adding lots of unnecessary chemicals to the product is a big negative.

No colors I gave it a minus

As far as lotion and most other products I prefer them to not include a colorant unless its natural coming from a fruit/veg etc

What purpose would it have? Don’t see a need for it

it doesn’t have any added benefits added color is for aesthetics only.