Extra Beauty Products

I have so many different products that I have gotten “free” with purchase or through beauty subscriptions that I don’tever use.Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do with these products, or do I just toss them in the garbage?It seems so wasteful to throw them away, but I know I will never use them.

What about packaging a couple or a few of them nicely and making them stocking stuffers at Christmas? Or adding them to birthday gifts?

You can always donate them to a Goodwill or your local food pantry. I tend to give them to my mom when I see her. I enjoy trying new products so when I get a sample I tend to use them but if I get extra soap or something still in it’s packaging I enjoy giving them to the food pantry so someone who needs them more than I do can use them.

I know it sounds strange, but you might be able to give them to a women’s shelter or a general homeless shelter. Mostly, they are looking for personal sized toothpaste, etc, but if they can accept these other things, it might be a nice little “pick me up” and if they are going on job interviews it might help someone living a very hard life to present a little better, at least for a short while. At the very least, it might lift their spirits a little.

I’ve done this for people and even if it’s a little something to slip into a card (don’t squeeze the card!). Just be sure the person likes these things or it can come on a little as a hint about some sensitivity.!

I usually pass this kind of stuff off to my mom as long as it’s something I know she’d like. Or like other people said, you could definitely donate them! Sometimes you just have to toss things though! If you have anything that’s been sitting around for a while, especially if it’s just little foil packet-type samples, I would toss them.

Definitely ask your family, friends… Do some research and see if there are any shelters that would take the products you don’t use. I’m sure you’ll find something :slight_smile:

Depending on what they are I usually take lots of the facial moisturizers and combine them all in a little tub and I do the same with oils as well.
As. long as it’s for a specific thing I mix them all together.

Sell them on eBay.
I have seen loads of beuaty lots.

If they are brand name samples people will buy them.

you can donate them or there are many facebook groups that buy and trade them,

I do adore this idea!!!

You can always donate the unopened items to friends or family.

Another idea that I do is if you’re active on social media you can use them to do a follower appreciation giveaway.

If a shelter wont accept them, you could post them on a yard sale group on Facebook.
If I lived nearby I would certainly consider getting them!

I know some people will share the product with family or friends. Or as others have suggested donate it to a shelter or contact your local food pantry. I’ve also seen people resell them online as well.

Great ideas!
Thank you!

I’ve read about people who do a lot of couponing getting a lot of extra toiletries and personal care products and donating them to churches or women’s or men’s shelters. Its nice because you know they are not being sold to people for profit, but given to people who really need them.

I agree with a lot of the other comments. I think donating them to a women’s shelter or someone less fortunate is definitely what I would do. Sometimes something so small, that most people would take for granted, can mean so much to a person who is really having a hard time. I think women in need would really appreciate any extra samples you may have.

Definitely. I would, though call your local women’s shelters ahead and see what they accept. and/or need.

Also, some food banks will take toiletries.
Some are more stringent than others., but I can tell you from personal experience that the clients & residents are very appreciative of the core basics–shampoo & conditioner, any kind of styling product: soap/body wash/:
basic makeup stuff and any small toiletries that are not hard to tote as many shelters make the clients leave during the day. Also feminine hygiene products.

There is a great organization called “Dress For Success” they take donations of clothing & accessories for women to use to go on interviews &
then for their new jobs: they also hold sales to for the public to raise money.
I don’t know if they take makeup, but it is worth a shot.
https://dressforsuccess.org/And you know, sometimes the need is right next door:
but
I started a little giveaway box in my building’s mail area–we’re not that many units.

I agree with a lot of the other comments. I think donating them to a women’s shelter or someone less fortunate is definitely what I would do. Sometimes something so small, that most people would take for granted, can mean so much to a person who is really having a hard time. I think women in need would really appreciate any extra samples you may have.[/quote]

YWCA usually has a little basket that women can take from that are donated samples

I have started to keep a “gift drawer” full of nicely packaged new things that I will never use.
It works really well if I need a hostess/birthday gift in a pinch.
My nicer samples that I don’t use go in there.

If you have a bunch of single use packets of stuff I would gather it and donate it to a women’s shelter or prison.