Eye Bags.... where'd they come from, what helps?

Not that it matters, but if you can’t seem to shake them, it’s probably more likely heredity and aging.

Unless the makeup is done perfectly, the wrong application would create shadows, accentuating them.

I don’t have bags under my eyes but the dark circles are ridiculous. Haven’t found anything that helps, but heard if it’s genetic there won’t be anything that helps. Back to the topic, DHC has wonderful customer service, will recommend their products, home remedies and sometimes send you samples.

Eye Creams with Vitamin K can help with dark circles. Also to conceal them use a YELLOW concealer (I know Mary Kay has one). Yellow neutralizes the black/purple color. Then apply your normal foundation or concealer over the yellow. Neutralizing concealers are amazing, often found in palette form. Green neutralizes redness. Yellow is also great to cover up bruising as well, making them totally unoticeable.:grinning:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! After all this time spending money on products and asking questions, never ever have I heard this. It makes sense and will help even if it is genetic. You deserve an award :trophy:!

My bags are partially inherited from my father. For reals.

I just bought myself a jade roller to use on my eye bags… I read up on it and it supposed to help especially if you leave it in the freezer or refrigerator to keep it nice and cold!

With age the tissue structures and muscles supporting your eyelids weaken. The skin starts to sag, and fat that is normally there can move below your eyes. Which can cause that area of your eyes to accumulate fluid, making the under-eye area appear puffy or swollen. There are several factors that can cause or worsen it, and I listed them below.

Fluid retention (after waking up or after eating salty foods), lack of sleep, allergies, smoking, and heredity (under-eye bags can run in families).

Not comforting, but helpful!:scream_cat:

There isn’t anything comforting about aging. The only thing I can come up with is wiser. Lol

you can soak cucumber slices in sugar water in your fridge, and put the cucumber slices on your eyes for 20 minutes, you don’t have to do this everyday either, and it works really good for dark circles, sagging, and puffiness. all around refreshing for your eyes, cheap version of what they used to do at the spa when i used to have time to visit the spa.

Great answer. Part of this wisdom for me comes in greater understanding, and compassion for others. But is it comforting? I dunno, maybe… work in progress for sure. At 42 I feel like I’m more thoughtful & less impulsive. I think I value relationships more.

Other than that, not much comforting! Takes longer to heal, can’t eat what I used to eat.

I have a daughter who is disabled, and depends on me for everything. So I have always been really compassionate and empathetic. I try to remember everyone is going through something, but sometimes it can be my default.

Interesting. I’m going to have to try this. Thank you.