Face Off FAQ

face%20off

What is Face-Off?

Face-Off is a series of scientific studies from Community Cosmetics where members of our skincare community test the effectiveness of commercial skincare products for anti-aging, pigmentation, acne, etc.

How does it work?

1. Complete our online application
  2. Have your application accepted
  3. Get invited to participate in a study
  4. Sign our legal liability waiver
  5. Receive unmarked bottle(s) of products to test along with instructions on how to use
  6. Apply the product as directed for the specified period of time
  7. Upload daily photos of your progress to our forum, as part of your skincare dairy
  8. Results are judged by the skincare community to determine the effectiveness of the products based on your before/during/after photos, for example, do wrinkles, puffiness, sagginess, dark circles, dullness, etc. appear to be improved
  9. The products you tested are revealed to you and the community
  10. You help people make better decisions for their skin

How much does it cost?

There is no cost to participate, we send you the products for free, including shipping.

Do I get paid?

No. Your payment is receiving high-end commercial skincare products, better skin, and the satisfaction of helping people make better decisions about skincare.

How do I apply to participate in a study?

Complete our online application, which includes uploading photos of your face, determining your skin type, and providing other information about your skin.

What kinds of studies are you running?

We will be running studies on products which affect the following areas:

Acne

Aging

Blackheads

Dark Circles

Dullness

Pores

Puffiness

Redness

Sensitivity

Sun Damage

Uneven Skin Tones

How often are studies run throughout the year?

We aim to run 6 tests per year. Stay up to date on upcoming Face-Offs by checking back into the community, through your email, or stay tuned on our Facebook page!.

How do I increase my chances of being accepted to participate in a study?

The most important component of your application is your before selfie photos. You must be able to take excellent photos of your face with a high-quality cell phone camera, with your face in-focus, and be properly lit. You must not smile and you must not be wearing makeup in your photos.

Can I participate in more than one study?

Yes. Just because you’ve participated in one study doesn’t mean you can’t participate in any more studies. In fact, we love developing relationships with good testers and prefer to work with people we know we can trust.

What if I get accepted but can’t finish the study?

It’s very important you are able to complete our studies. We won’t be able to send you any more free products, and we can’t consider you for future testing opportunities if you are unable to provide daily updates about your experience with the products.

How will I be notified?

All applicants will be notified by email about the status of their application.

My application was approved, now what?

The first step is having your application accepted, which tells us whether or not you can take the kind of quality photos required to participate, and which studies you’d like to be considered for testing. Once your application is approved, we will reach out to invite you to participate in a study we think would be a good fit for you.

:mega: Not every approved application is guaranteed an opportunity to test products and participate in a product study. Not everyone is a fit for every study.

If your application was approved, but you were not selected for an upcoming study, don’t fret - we may invite you to a study for which you are a better fit.

What are the requirements to participate?

You must be at least 18yrs of age and reside in the US lower 48 states.

Is this the same as the Co-Creator program?

No. Face-Off and the Co-Creator program are different product testing opportunities. You can learn more about the Co-Creator program here: Co-Creator FAQ

Can Co-Creators participate in Face-Off?

Yes!

Do I need to be a forum member to participate in Face-Off?

Yes, all Face-Off participants will need to join the forum to update their online facial journals and participate in the program.

Will you sell my information?

No, we will never sell your information.

How will my daily diary photos be used?

You will upload your photos to our forum so they may be evaluated by members of our community to judge the efficacy of the products you are using. By participating in our study we may use the photos you provide as part of our research findings, to promote the Face-Off program, and to promote the products you’ve tested.

Why are you sponsoring these studies?

We subscribe to evidence-based skincare and believe crowdsourcing product efficacy using measurable, objective data to determine results is superior to any individual’s 5 star review, influencer testimonial, or beauty blog recommendation.

Is Community Cosmetics being paid to perform these studies?

No, Community Cosmetics sponsors the studies; we are not promoted or endorsed by any other company.

Have a question not addressed here?

Just ask us below.

Want to learn more about Community Cosmetics?

:wave: Community Cosmetics

Ready to apply? (You will need to supply photos, so have a camera ready)

13 Likes

Face-Off results - the big reveal!
Dark Circles - tell us what products you want to test!

Is this for the next study? If so, the link states that we have to log-in to the typeform website because it is private.

0 Likes

It is the FAQs for Face-Offs in general. We will be launching the next Face-Off soon so stay tuned! Excited you’re excited about it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

pinned globally #4
0 Likes

You have to create a account. I just logged in through my Facebook

0 Likes

HI, Is it too late to apply for the next study?

0 Likes

Hi! So, I was accepted for the Face Off Dark Circles 01. So what happens next? Do I just wait for the products to ship? Will there be further email updates?

2 Likes

I was gonna ask the same thing?

0 Likes

As long as you sign the waiver and add your shipping address to your profile in this forum, the products will ship out shortly and we will provide more information in the package!

2 Likes

See above - As long as you sign the waiver and add your shipping address to your profile in this forum, the products will ship out shortly and we will provide more information in the package!

1 Like

Unfortunately yes it is but stay tuned for updates on the study and info about future studies!

0 Likes

I couldn’t do the application either so I’m not sure how to apply…

0 Likes

Hey there! It requires that you create an account to apply. Most people connected their Facebook. Applications for this challenge are closed but stay tuned for more info on future challenges!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m in :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m so excited for this!!!

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. Looking forward to start!!

1 Like

I’m in! Just received my creams now what do I need to do? Where and how do I post my before and after pics?

1 Like

Hi there! See this post:

LMK if you have any questions!

1 Like

I got my creams today but this forum is very confusing and I don’t know where to post my pics from today. I’ve been searching for somewhere to ask but I can’t find that either. Can someone help me?

1 Like

Hi! Absolutely - there are step by step instructions here:

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

0 Likes