Foods For Optimal Skin Health

Nuts:The benefits of nuts – especially almonds – have to do with antioxidant activity. Vitamin E fights skin-aging free radicals, and also helps your skin hold in moisture.Red and Green Vegetables: Orange-red vegetables are full of beta-carotene. Your body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A, which prevents cell damage and premature aging.Spinach and other green, leafy foods provide lots of vitamin A, too.Citrus Fruits:Vitamin C aids in your body’s production of collagen, which is the protein that forms the basic structure of your skin. Collagen breakdown can leave your skin saggy, and vitamin C will help tighten it back up. Omega-3’s: One of the first strategies you can use to improve your skin health is to make sure you are getting enough high quality omega-3 fats. In general, you’ll want to include plenty of raw, whole foods in your diet, including raw dairy, if you have no dairy allergies, as this is another of the central keys to maintaining youthful skin. Another group of foods worth mentioning are fermented or cultured foods.Fermented Foods: Fermented foods help promote the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria and aid in digestion. They also support healthy immune function, including an increase in B vitamins, omega-3, digestive enzymes, lactase and lactic acid, and other immune chemicals that fight off harmful bacteria.

Attachments

thank for the info.

Water, water, water (which all those fruits and veggies will help with!).

These are great!
I’m a little concerned with getting reliable raw dairy, it’s not recommended unless you live on a farm and most experts agree that pasteurization does not materially alter the vitamin content of milk to such a degree that it outweighs the benefits of killing bacteria for things that cause salmonella, etc.

Kombucha is super popular near me, so I drink it all the time.
If you’ve got access to cheap, fresh Kombucha, you should try it more regularly.
It’s fermented and helps settle my stomach on top of keeping me sort of hydrated.

I like the funkiness of Kombucha.
Plus, I find it can sometimes substitute for a beer if I’m looking for a carbonated sipping beverage, but not the alcohol (yes, I know it contains a trace amount of alcohol).

Thank you for the information.

i knew about the vitamin E and vitamin C foods and the benefits, but i am really glad you shared, i didn’t know anything about vitamin A preventing cell damage and premature aging. thank you

I love fresh fruits and vegetables and eat them often. I always knew that they were good for me, but I didn’t know that they were good for my skin and helped to prevent aging. I guess I should try to start eating more dairy though, I know I probably don’t get enough of that one. Like John said, I am also a little scared of trying raw dairy though.

I’m a big fan of fermented foods! Bubbies pickles are really great. They are a bit expensive, but I drink every last drop of the pickle juice, so I think it’s worth it. I find collagen powder to be a great supplement, as well. I like the chocolate flavor in a smoothie. Primal Kitchens and Ancient Nutrition
are my favorite brands.

Thank you for sharing.

I just recently tried kombucha and I felt it was like weird beer. I might try it again in a different flavor or something. I have made my own switchel which is an apple cider vinegar based drink made with ginger, honey or molasses, and lime or lemon juice mixed with water. It’s easy to make at home and because of the apple cider vinegar, its already fermented.

Sounds about right.
Throw in essence of gym sock and I think you’ve got it!

I’m so glad I absolutely LOVE fruits and vegetables. If I were the one who does the grocery shopping here, it would be 99% of what I’d buy. I absolutely do see a difference in my skin when I make sure I eat these foods. I used to have a lot of raw food allergies but I guess I grew out of them (I didn’t know that was even possible.) Used to not even be able to touch carrots. Glad I can have these things again!! The only things I haven’t tried off that photo list are tofu and kale. I’ll have to give them a go

i haven’t ever tried tofu either, but kale is really good when you put the seasonings you like on it.

Thank you for sharing this! I took a nutrition certification and learned much valuable information. Most especially the value in probiotics. Adding them to my diet had the most profound impact on my health and beauty over any other change! Also, raw vegan and mediterrean diet are the best for health and beauty. I can testify to this first hand as well. I just added Collagen w Hylauronic to my supplements 2 days ago - excited to see results.

I have seen this before somewhere.
Thanks for sharing!

Just an FYI. Just like cosmetics, body products, hair products, etc, will have a different effect on each individual, so will foods and beverages. Unfortunately this also applies to foods that are supposed to be beneficial for all. Dr Peter J. D’Adamo has written “4 Blood Types 4 Diets Eat Right 4 Your Type.” I was surprised to find that foods I’ve noticed that give me issues are foods he has listed that my blood type should avoid. And even if I don’t “notice” an issue with a particular food, beverage, spice, etc, he usually will provide a reason it should be avoided, a reason that can cause an issue to surface later. And sometimes the issue will be silent, unrecognized internal damage. There’s a smaller version of the book that is geared for an individual blood type and provides food, beverage, and supplement lists. I highly recommended it.

Are they always right? I don’t know, but I have notice when I follow their instructions I feel better.

He’s human so I would say no, not always right. But he has done more research on the subject than I ever will. :smile: And my experience with it has been valid.