Foods you should eat when tired. not sure if true or not what do you think?

not getting enough rest can make you look and feel older. i got this email and just wanted to shareit with this group.Foods You Should Eat When You Are TiredIf you are feeling tired during the day, then you may need to make a few changes in your diet. In many cases, diet is the cause of fatigue. There are many foods that can boost your energy.OatmealWhole-grain rich foods are one of the best foods that you can eat if you are low on energy. Oatmeal is a great source of whole grains. They are also rich in complex carbohydrates. Studies have shown that people who eat a breakfast that is high in complex carbohydrates are more alert than people who eat a diet that is high in fat.NutsNuts not only beat fatigue, but they can also fight hunger. That is why they make a great afternoon snack. Pecans, walnuts and cashews are some of the best types of nuts that you can eat.BananasBananas are filled with natural sugar, amino acids and complex carbohydrates. It also has tyrosine. This is an animo acid that helps improve alertness.WaterIf you frequently drink sodas and fruit juices, then you may want to drink water instead. Drinking water is one of the simplest things that you can do to boost your energy. In many cases, dehydration is the cause of fatigue.AvocadoAvocados are filled with healthy fats. These healthy fats can increase energy and satiety. They also help fight inflammation, which has been shown to cause fatigue.Fresh FruitsFresh foods have more nutrients than processed foods. Foods that are processed are often stripped of important nutrients. Apples, oranges, pears and peaches are some of the energy-boosting fresh fruits that you can try.Dark ChocolateDark chocolate has caffeine, so it is great to eat if you are tired. Not only can dark chocolate boost energy, but it can also improve cognitive function. Additionally, dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants that can improve your overall health.Lean ProteinLean meat, such as chicken and fish, are low in fat. They are also a great source of protein. Fish also has omega 3 fatty acids, which help reduce inflammation. Protein-rich foods help boost energy.Leafy GreensKale, swiss chard and spinach are examples of leafy greens. They are filled with fiber and protein, which can increase your energy. Furthermore, they are filled with disease-fighting antioxidants.BerriesBerries are high in fiber. They also have natural sugar. Not only can berries increase your energy, but they can also improve motor performance.

Oatmeal is also wonderful for dieting!

i didn’t know that. i love oatmeal.

We need to keep in mind that while one person carb loads and runs a marathon, their friend may need to stoke up on protein to feel right. A handful of nuts will often do it.

it was from an email i received sorry i should have posted that

thanks for sharing.

This is another one of those “articles” which drive me nuts.First fatigue-fighting food: Oatmeal. "Studies have shown that people who eat a breakfast that is high in complex carbohydrates are more alert than people who eat a diet that is high in fat."Second fatigue-fighting food: NutsBut wait, nuts are high in fat, which is why they help satiate hunger and make a great snack.
This seems to fly in the face of “the studies” which show complex carbs>fat in the example directly above it, so why are nuts recommended here?
Strikes me as inconsistent.But upon closer inspection,of the Oatmeal comment, why are these studies even comparing high carb breakfasts to entire high fat diets?
Shouldn’t the study compare a high carb breakfast to a high fat breakfast?
OK, I’m splitting hairs, but bear with me…Later on…Tells me to drink water when tired.
How about coffee or something with caffeine?
Hey, I’m pro water… it’s my FAVORITE drink, but I thought the point was to help us when we’re tired?
Their suggestion is to try water “if you drink too much fruit juice”, yet 3/10
suggestions here are for bananas, berries, and fresh fruits… which are full of sugar.

Again, seems counter to what they have suggested.

thank you for making sense of this for me.
i post them to hear if they are true or not. and everyone in here seems to know a lot about these things, others i post because they are revelevant to other forum posts but say something different, to compare.

The answer isn’t always eating something. I was exhausted from morning until night for an extended period of time. Found out I was severely anemic and needed a blood transfusion. There are other health related issues that causes daily fatigue as well. Sometimes a supplement like Royal Jelly or Moringa might be the solution. Or, if you’re at home and tired, take a nap. Or maybe get more rest in general.

Wow, what a find. On that note I get blood work done regularly even if I’m not sick just to make sure my levels are looking good.

Indeed. John you are definitely a rare, but encouraging breed! I’m not sure I know any women that get blood work done unless something is already amiss. And I’m absolutely certain I have never even heard of any man being proactive when it comes to such matters! :astonished: Wow.

Well thank you! I actually don’t like going to the doctor regularly, so I figure blood work is quick and easy. I scan the results to pdf and put them into my Google drive, so I’ve got almost 10 years or so of blood work instantly accessible from my phone. I’ve been known to whip out a lab report at the doctors office to compare my cholesterol or testosterone over the last year :nerd_face:

In a perfect world if time and money were no object, I’d say everyone should go to the Cooper Institute or Mayo Clinic and do the whole stress testing comprehensive thing. Ahh, perfect world :peace_symbol:

I’ve always felt like fruit made me more energetic. I think part of that is a mental thing. I feel better and more alive when I know I’m just putting healthy things in my body, and in turn, I feel more awake and energetic.

Wow! That’s genius! I think I want to begin doing that. I hate having important information scattered.