For The Married

For those who are married, how did you guys take care of your skin for the event? Did you start taking care of it a few days, weeks or months before the event? These are memories that last a lifetime and so you want your skin to look the best!

For instance, in Indian or Pakistani weddings, they use turmeric for a growing skin.

Link for reference: https://www.google.com/amp/s/food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/here-s-why-turmeric-haldi-is-used-in-indian-wedding-celebrations-1758109%3Famp=1&akamai-rum=off

2 Likes

Great question! I’m not married so I don’t really have anything useful to add but I’ve always been curious about this.

I hope to have a low-key wedding but I think that I’ll still be stressed in the days leading up to the event no matter what, and that’s a recipe for disaster when it comes to how your skin looks! Lol although I guess I won’t be staring in a mirror the whole day and I can always get the photos touched up to enhance my memories :wink:

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what you were asking, but I’m assuming you’re asking about either getting dressed up for your spouse or how we did our makeup for our wedding. Personally, I used to wear makeup throughout high school and up until my wedding. Makeup for me was a way to cover myself up and mask my natural beauty. I wore very light (natural-looking) makeup for my wedding and over the last 2 years since we’ve been married I only wear makeup once a year just so I can reassure myself I know how to do it still. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you were asking about traditional makeup due to our cultures and backgrounds, I didn’t do anything tribal or ceremonial makeup due to my religion differing from many Indian beliefs like the ones listed from the link you shared.

1 Like

It sounds like she was asking about skincare, like specifically taking care of your skin for the wedding. :blush:

1 Like

Lol yes, thank you. Haha