I Am Curious. What do you think about these “hair building fibers spray?”

I was watching T.V. and watched an add for a spray or brush on “hair building fibers spray. Made of natural colored keratin protein that is naturally statically charged. Will not rain or wind out but easily washes out…

I have not tried it and have not heard from anyone who has. Good luck!

I’d be curious to see it done in person. I just have a feeling it’s the textural equivalent of a bad comb-over or those sprays that “instantly give you a new (temporary) hair color” Anyone out there tried it?:cat:

Oh my stars you made me giggle @Emgie :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

After having 4 children in a 6 year period of time my hair was thinning in the front. I received a sample of the Toppik and decided to give it a whirl. It took a few times to get the hang of it but it really worked. It’s not a spray but a shake on powder. The powder contained little fibers so it kinda mimics hair. I only used it in my front hairline but I was happy with the results. Not one person could tell, believe me when I say I asked EVERYONE if they could tell. A little goes a long way and I still have some left from my sample. My hair FINALLY filled back in but I would recommend this product.

Good to hear!: Do you have a picture of it? I’m really having trouble picturing it. If you touch it, is that a problem or does it stay put until you wash it out?

I don’t have a picture that you can really see my hairline with it in…it’s been like 2 years since I last used it. When you actually look at the fibers they look like tiny stubble, like when a man shaves his 5’oclock shadow but way more fine. It kinda reminds me of the powdered form of graphite when using it. I would sprinkle it in my hair and then kinda comb it in with a eyebrow spoolie. I never had a problem with it transferring and it easily washed out in the shower with shampoo. I will say this though, if you get the wrong color it would look crazy and weird. Also I’m not sure how it would look if you were trying to cover large bald spots. I used it for my receding hairline and it help me feel more comfortable about the way my hair looked.

I’ve never seen this. This looks weird lol.

I’ve seen the commercials and wondered about the effects. Thank you @lmattox for explaining. From what the commercials showed, it looks like the hair is left dull and dry looking.

I actually got some because I had a bald spot due to a hit on the head. Didn’t think too much of them. Fortunately I had some cortisone shots in my scalp and my hair filled back in.

@lmattox Glad it worked out! I can see where it would look like graphite going into place. Curious, how many colors does it come in? Exact hair color can be hard to match if you’re not mixing, especially if you’re not a pro!

@Emgie hi. I have seen a couple of different brands advertised on Google and Amazon. A brand called Caboki and our Toppik. There are many…different colors to choose from. I don’t think you would have to mix but you know if you have a beautiful and unique hair color. I am no expert but I was just thinking that I wanted to thank all of you for your help and guidance. You are all a wonderful group of people who care. :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf::leaves:

My Mom lost all her hair during chemo, and when it started coming back in it had spots that were thick, some barely anything. It had just came out and I ordered a sample and we used it on her hair for an outing. I didn’t apply a lot just in areas that were flater. And after blending with her natural hair, and then some finishing spray it definitely worked. She was only gone for a couple hours, and it worked her hair was starting to loose volume. Now you can buy the dry shampoo tinted and I use that in a couple places that bother her.