Member Highlight! Meet Brooke ๐ŸŒŸ

My name is Brooke Barnes and I live in Magna, Utah. I'm married with three furry children (all rescues - one Basset Hound and two beautiful psycho cats), and work in the HR industry. I am also a licensed massage therapist and created an MT program and ran it for 10 years at a college in Boise, Idaho as well. My husband and I are CRAZY about Star Wars and actually dress up as big plastic space people (well there's also a wookiee and a Leia in the mix) for charity events through the 501st, Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercs and we have even built a fully function droid and belong to the Astromechs (Utah Droid Builders). We don't have any human children, but I think we act enough like kids that we don't necessarily need them.

Why did you join the forum originally and whatโ€™s your favorite thing about it?

I believe it was April of last year when I joined. I was in the first wave of those approved to join in. I have absolutely LOVED being involved in the creation of amazing products and my favorite thing is the people I've met here!

What is your favorite beauty product of all time and why?

That is such a loaded question! Since I wasn't all that interested in makeup before February of 2018 (yes, I'm serious) I didn't have a lot of experience with anything to do with those types of products. I'd have to say my very favorite product that I've tried in a makeup line is the SmashBox Studio Skin 24 Hour Flawless Concealer. That stuff is freaking amazing!

Whatโ€™s a beauty product youโ€™ve always wanted to try and why?

There are so many things out there that I would love to try since I'm so new to makeup and high-end skin care. But for the longest time, there is actually a hair tool that I've always wanted to try but I've heard horror stories of people getting their hair caught in it. It is the BabylissPro Nano Titanium MiraCurl 3. My hair is SUPER straight and won't hold a curl worth a darn. But a friend of mine used her BaBylissPro on my hair and it actually stayed curly for the whole day!

Whatโ€™s one message youโ€™d like to share with the entire community?

Be yourself! Never be something that someone else thinks you should be. Life is so short! Try everything, don't deny yourself anything, and SLIDE IN TO HOME on your toosh laughing!

We just LOVE our forum members - you guys make us so happy! Weโ€™d love to highlight more of you!

7 Likes

Itโ€™s very nice to meet you. Congrats on being featured and hope to hear more from you.

2 Likes

So nice to meet you.

1 Like

Nice to meet you! Love rescues!

1 Like

Hi @RedBastet! Your lashes and brows are looking fuller, are you keeping up with your treatment? Before & After: Pure Body Naturals Castor Oil (Eyebrows & Lashes)

So happy to have you with us!

1 Like

welcome to the group :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see youโ€ฆand read about your viewsโ€ฆ

1 Like

Hi John! So sorry for the delayed response, itโ€™s been a bit crazy lately at work. YES! I did keep up with the treatments and have just gotten to the last 1/4 of the bottle of Castor Oil. It think it has helped a bit, donโ€™t you? :slight_smile:

Hi nice to meet you. Oh, can I mention your lashes are gorgeous!!!

1 Like

Good job, Brooke. Congrats to you

1 Like

Thank you Lele! Iโ€™ve been here since the beginning but as of late, Iโ€™m lacking due to my super busy life. I am trying my best to jump back into the deep end since I am now SO OBSESSED with makeup, hair, and products! I just hit a year of using them on on constant basis and I have learned SO MUCH in such a short period of time! I guess as an โ€œadult learnerโ€ Iโ€™ve learned more much more quickly to keep up that a normal kid/person would in this day and age. YAY ME!

1 Like

THANK YOU Ladydai! Iโ€™m so HONORED to be featured! You WILL hear more from me. I promise!

Aw I love these usernames SusieQ1980! I guess if I chose something like that the year would end with 1974. HOLY COW Iโ€™m getting old! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice to meet you too Hallie!

Hi JoBevara!
I am actually one of the originals so thank you! I welcome you as well! Such a FANTASTIC group!

Thank you JoBevara! Iโ€™ve been around for quite a while so I hope to connect with all of you more and more!

Thanks sweetmadhu19! I hope to be around for a LONG time! Iโ€™m intrigued โ€ฆ what prompted your username?

Wendy1975 โ€ฆ THANK YOU! Itโ€™s all about the mascara I use. Seriously, I will be honest, some SUCK and some are a godsend! SO THANK YOU because I am so conscience of my lashes!!!

Thank you Lele! Iโ€™ve been around for a while but lately Iโ€™ve been quite with a lay-off scare from my job, life in general, and just life in general โ€ฆ UGH! But, we still need to take care of ourselves! ALWAYS! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Glad to meet you

1 Like