Member Hightlight! Meet Tara!

Hi everyone! I'm Tara. Currently located in Central California. I am an Executive Assistant to a Real Estate agent however, I am a new mother, so I'm at home with my son for a while. Enjoying all the baby time and cuddles I can get!

Why did you join the forum originally and what’s your favorite thing about it?

I'll be 100% honest here....

I joined on a whim one day after I had a mini postpartum breakdown, a few weeks after my son was born, and cried to my husband to please take the baby so I can have 5 minutes to myself. Then I felt even worse after I said that. I was exhausted physically and emotionally and really truly needed a moment. I ended up taking a shower (a long shower), I shaved my legs which was an accomplishment after having an emergency csection, and I’m pretty sure I used every product I had in the shower too. When I got out I felt so much better. My husband even made a comment the next day about how it’s self care and we all need it. It took some time for me to realize that I needed to take care of myself and that self care while the baby is asleep or napping is okay. I was, okay still sort of am, that paranoid first time mom so most days I’m sitting on the bedroom floor in front of a mirror doing my hair or putting on some makeup while my son naps in the mornings. So, this forum came at the time I needed to find it! Also, everyone is friendly and nice which is great!

What is your favorite beauty product of all time and why?

It used to be Clinique Moisture Surge because it did wonderful on my skin. Now, not so much - I'm on the hunt again!

What’s a beauty product you’ve always wanted to try and why?

That miracle cream that Cindy Crawford is behind - I want to look that youthful!

What’s one message you’d like to share with the entire community?

I love the positivity of this community!

We just LOVE our forum members - you guys make us so happy! We’d love to highlight more of you! If you’d like to be featured please fill out this brief form!

3 Likes

It’s a pleasure to meet you Tara! And that bundle of joy your holding! Congratulations on your safe delivery! I completely understand what your going through! Your hubby is right sometimes you NEED some time to yourself, a break from it all! It may seem hard but believe it does get back to normal in due time! It took 9 months for your body to prepare for birth so it’s going to take time to get back to normal! But keep trying and don’t loose focus or give into your depressed feelings! Just find the joy in life and how blessed you are!

3 Likes

You are beautiful! You are stronger than you know Tara

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Tara! Cute baby eh? :heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Chris! That means a lot

1 Like

Hi :wave: Tara welcome :pray: :blush:.

1 Like