Nail Polish

I have been reading up on the different brands of nail polish. I want one that isn’t hard on my nails (like gel manicures from the salon) and also doesn’t chip away on day one. I have never tried butter LONDON brand but I saw that it does not add Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, DBP, Toluen, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, or TPHP to any of its nail product formulas. It is rather expensive so wondered if any of you have tried it or perhaps have another suggestion on what brand to try?

2 Likes

I use Julep’s nail polish. I can leave it on for up to a week chip free. It is cruelty free and five free.

1 Like

I also have used Julep because it’s made with less chemicals. It doesn’t last that long on me without chipping tho :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of this brand. I’ll research. I actually use JamBerry on my fingernails and the do-it-at-home gel polish on my toes. The gel polish can last up to a month on my toes (which take a beating, hence using gel) and with JamBerry … about two to three weeks, depending on my activity level with my hands (traveling, comic cons, hand washing dishes, etc.).

1 Like

I used to be an independent seller of Jamberry, which I would highly recommend if you are looking for something that can take a beating while looking very cute! But since I started cosmetology school, I’ve learned how to do gel nails. Now, gel nails is all I wear. I love the versatility of it! Any color, french manicure etc…all of it looks beautifully done (like a professional) and last for a while. Gel nails are considerably easier than Jamberry nail wraps. :nail_care:

I actually got my gel nail kit from Walmart for 10$. So very affordable, professional looking, and last for a good while. The brand I bought was KISS. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am a huge fan of Trust Fund Beauty. I was initially sent a bottle in one of my ipsy makeup subscription bags one month and fell in love with it. Ended up getting several other colors. The product isn’t harsh on your nails and the polish stays on for a long time with normal day-to-day wear. I hand wash dishes and pull weeds, etc. I call it my hurricane polish because whenever we were hit by Hurricane Irma, we lost power for days. I polished my nails and they lasted through all of that mess.Trust%20Fund

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of the brand you mentioned. My favorite brand is FingerPaints. Although I remove the color after a full week, the color is shiny and lasts without chipping for at least two weeks.
I’m posting an Amazon link, but I buy it at Sally Beauty Supply.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try Pacifica 7 Free and ella+mila but I don’t wear nail polish often enough. I had a severe reaction that really freaked me out so I’ve been staying away. CND Shellac is pretty non-toxic and seems worth a try.

1 Like

I use Orly Bonder it is awesome! Before I started using this my polish would typically last about a day. It grips the nail lacquer to the nails surface for lasting adhesion. Their formula delivers a cutting edge resin technology to improve lacquer adhesion.

1 Like

I have used butter London before and do agree that its great it doesn’t contain formaldehyde or other harmful ingredients I found that it works as other polishes do, it chips in the same amount of time it just costs double the price of other brands. https://www.allure.com/gallery/best-nontoxic-5-7-9-free-nail-polishes this lists multiple 7 free products, brands and prices so hopefully it helps

1 Like

Nice Shade. Please share the more pics.