Niacinamides

I would love to discuss the use of this in a serum and moisturizer. What serum it can be used over or before. When. Nightly. Can it be used over a Retin-A. Can you use it before or after hyaluronic acid? Let’s discuss.

1 Like

The product I used said to massage onto your clean face until fully absorbed, and follow with moisturizer. It could be used more then once a day.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve tried any niacinamides before.

Here is a link with more informationiton. It is really popular right now. This will explain more and how to use.

2 Likes

No I haven’t tried it & never heard of it before

An amazing ingredient for skincare.

I haven’t tried it on it’s own yet but I have definitely heard of it and I know it is an ingredient in quite a few of my face products. I know some think it’s the best thing ever and a small group of people absolutely hate it and seem to maybe be allergic to it. I actually came across an article last night on it.

(https://www.allure.com/story/niacinamide-skin-care-redness-side-effect)

I’ve never really heard much about not using it with other products. Although I know Retin A and Vitamin C have specific guidelines on what to not use them with but I don’t use either of them yet so haven’t read much on it.

1 Like

@Melissa21 I read the same article and was interested because my mother is one of those people who seems to be very sensitive to it whereas most people seem to get along with it quite well.

In a nutshell, Niacinamide, AKA Nicotinamide, is what is a special form of vitamin B3 which belongs to a class of depigmentig agents known as a Melanosome-Transfer Inhibitors, which inhibits the transfer of melanosomes to epidermal keratinocytes.

This is a fancy way of saying Niacinamide has been shown to help improve unwanted facial pigmentation.

There’s a decent amount of literature on this ingredient showing it’s efficacy. Here are just a couple of articles which demonstrate that pigmentation can be reversible with Niacinamide:

The effect of niacinamide on reducing cutaneous pigmentation and suppression of melanosome transfer:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1046/j.1365-2133.2002.04834.x

Safety:
Clinical testing confirms that these ingredients are not significant skin irritants, sensitizers or photosensitizers.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10915810500434183?journalCode=ijtb

4 Likes

When I worked in Cosmetics, I had a coworker/friend who worked for Estée Lauder at the time when they were pushing their products with Niacinamides. I don’t think I ever heard her mention the attribute of combatting/controlling skin pigmentation. Interesting. As a result, I never really used the samples she would give me. Seems I need to look for some naturally based products with this included.

2 Likes

I love all this research. I AM a huge fan of it. I use it on my off days I use C serum. And I love it over my retin a. Works amazing. My skin looks great. Plus I love using it right after I use my micro needling pen. thank for these great articles

When I worked for Estee Lauder. If you were there long enough they schooled you about the product that had them in it. It was a big seller for a small time till they came up with some of their Retinol products and Idealist.

1 Like

This is the serum I use be Eva’s Naturals. Contains all the major age fighters/skin lighteners… C, Glycolic Acid, Retinol, and Niacinamides

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BT02Q88/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cqwDBbBB9HVRG

1 Like

I’ve been considering purchasing a microneedle skincare tool for a while now. May you share your experience/results? Worth the purchase? Noticeable results? If so, what are they and how long did they take to achieve?

1 Like

Make sure you get a numbing cream. My husband does it for me. Yes. The results was amazing. I use EGF serum and peptides. I was just told I look incredibly young. I use microneedle plus LED light therapy and masks.I am 48 going to be 49 next month and a younger girl said I look like I am 32. Doing these treatments are amazing. I advice you to get it.

1 Like

I love Eva Naturals. Instanatural and Foxbrim are great skincare too;

1 Like

Thank you so much @tiffanysusanne, truly grateful for your response and sharing the experience. The following is the brand I am considering… What brand do you use? How often do you use it. Does it leave temporary redness, Marks etc?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Beauty-Bioscience-Lip-Print-GloPRO-Tool-with-Lip-Attachment-The-Pout-Prep-Pads/142870007590?hash=item2143b74f26:g:UrEAAOSwpFtax6Nvs-l400

1 Like

I am using a moisturizer from Atopalm and Eva Naturals Niacinamides. Both are amazing. I need to see this line. Looks amazing. I love to try new skincare.Thank you @Tradowsky!!

1 Like

@Tradowsky no redness or marks. It helps redness and marks. I use the cream in the morning after my serums. I use the serum a few times a week at night over my Retin-A.

You may also be interested in a High Frequency Tool, used by professions, but can be purchased by any consumer for $40. Under the topic “Skin Care Tools” I cover the technology (Tesla High Frequence.Anti aging, firming and infuses oxygen under the skin level as well as helps product effective by penetrating into the deep layers. It also has antimicrobial benefits. high-frequency-treatment-21-638 41-g58CCFVL 514NoK4QunL

`

1 Like