Opinions on The Best Foundations!

Hey everybody! I am looking for a new foundation, and need your help finding the very best! If I can get a lot of people who like the same one, or have pictures to compare the ones I like would be a great way for me to choose one! So I need your help!
 I am looking for a full coverage, matte, long wear or 24hr wear! Would love to have everyone's opinions on the best foundation you've ever used! If you can let me know where you bought it, how much it costs, reason you love it, and if you have pictures of yourself wearing the foundation would be awesome too! 
  The reason I am starting to try new foundation is to hopefully find a foundation I can use for My Wedding Day! I'm hoping it doesn't take very long, or very many tries to find one that I love so that's why I need your help so I don't have to keep spending money on bottles of foundation that doesn't work or I will never use! This would really help me a lot! 
 Also any opinions on other skincare or makeup tips that would help prepare my skin for that "picture perfect" makeup look for photos and for My Wedding Day would be appreciated as well! Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and give me your opinion on this subject! I really greatly appreciate the help! 😊😄☺
7 Likes

I just found “Confidence in a Foundation” from IT Cosmetics, and it’s awesome! It’s long wear, full coverage & feels so good. It’s eliminated my use of concealer too. Definitely my new favorite

1 Like

I have been sampling and trying out several foundations over the last year and a half. My opinion is try out Urban Decay Naked Skin and Benefit Hello Happy. Sephora is best for giving out samples so you don’t spend a bunch of money.

2 Likes

The Dior forever full coverage is very pretty on , Hourglass seamless as well and I have heard the Shape Tape foundation is great but, have not tried it yet!

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage, finish, and longevity of Loreal’s most recent launch of Infallible 24hr Fresh Wear. I’m not sure if it’s still available on their website, but they had sample with a $2 off coupon. The site allowed me the ability to choose the color & undertone I felt best matched me and the sample packet (was only swatch worthy), but it came with the 5 shades lighter & 5 darker. I was able to pinpoint exactly my color (which I had assumed wrong). I felt the approach was awesome because on the 1st try I got exactly my shade & undertone of a medium (build-able to full coverage foundation). Without having to find a store with testers, and saved a few bucks on top.

1 Like

I use Covergirl &Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation/ Base. I love it because it goes on smooth and covers really good, hydrates your skin, reduces the look of imperfections, fine lines and wrinkles. I also love Covergirl & Olay Facelift Effect Firming Makeup (Foundation ). I love it the best because using it is an instant Face-lift effect and firmer looking skin. My fine lines and wrinkles are gone instantly and I look years younger. I love it and I bet if you try it, you will too!

1 Like

I really like hello happy! It’s light coverage but covers very well. It is soft and smooth and does not cake.

1 Like

I recetly tried Wet nWild Photofocus Foundation and it wasn’t that bad, didn’t turn my skin oily. And is a good value.

1 Like

Do you have a sephora near you? Go to the store and test some out in person. Everyones skin is different and what works for me may not work for you. Try to order samples too whenever you see them available online. It helps a lot.

2 Likes

I have olive skin & I was wondering if it would cover my dark circles too. Bc mine are so so bad :grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

I dont know of any girl. Me & you are in the same boat. I’m trying to find the best foundation also & it’s SO HARD! I have an olive skin tone & its so hard for me to find a good color. Tinted moisturizer is pretty good, but you dont get full coverage when you use it. I hope you find the foundation of your dreams :purple_heart: good luck girl

1 Like

Yes now I have used Urban Decay Naked Skin & its AMAZING!!! I forgot about that foundation.

1 Like

I agree with @Jessica_Slone I too have tried out so many foundations from many top brands! The brand I stuck with is “Fit Me” by Maybelline, with full coverage you won’t need concealer nor pack powder! It comes liquid and dry to a matte finish! But I suggest one of 2 things that will eliminate confusion and you wasting time and money! 1. Go directly to one of the stores ( Sephora or ultra) the ladies there will take care of all concerns you may have, they will let you try out the products until you find the one that’s right for you! You will even get a sample without making any purchases or you can go on their websites and request samples, the thing with this is the waiting time!

I just got this sample from L’Oréal to try out their new Infallible foundation

3 Likes

Kat Von D Lock It is a good one, too. I’m not a fan of matte, I prefer a Demi-matte to glowy foundation.

1 Like

I do a lot of research before purchasing foundations and want the best without having to spend too much. Lol. The liquid foundation I’m using right now is Revlon Color stay Whipped. It was listed as one of the best on many sites. I love it, it goes on smooth with a foundation brush. The powder foundation I’m using is MAC Studio Fix. I discovered it by getting a sample in my Ipsy bag a couple months ago. It works great. Also, using the right foundation brushes can make any liquid/powder foundation look better.

1 Like

I can attest to this. I normally don’t wear makeup but I got a full bottle sample of this foundie so I tried it. Loving it so far! It’s very lightweight and I don’t feel like I’m wearing foundation! The coverage is superb and I don’t need to put concealer even under my eyes.

1 Like

Yep, that was the same one I was referencing. I had already cut mine up or I would have shared a pic

2 Likes

Loreal true match, I have been using this and covers well, no heaviness or greasy feeling.

2 Likes

Just tried Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation. Asked a friend to tell if I was wearing it, they couldn’t :+1:

1 Like

I really appreciate all your replies! I unfortunately do not have a Sephora or Ulta close enough to try samples out at this time, however there is a few that are around an hour away from where I live so next time I go around the area I plan on trying it out! Can anyone that has received samples please help me out with a link or tell me where I can go to find these sample opportunities? Even if it is just swatches I think it could help me to decide better! I knew all of you could help me to at least narrow down my search and I will let everyone know what I finally decide on, that is whenever I do decide to purchase it! Thanks again for the help ladies!