Oral Hygiene

I have and always loved Aquafresh and use an electrical toothbrush. After that I follow up with
mouthwash.

What is oil pulling?

Me too. Have you tried the electronic oral irrigators ( water flossing)? I have been going it but not sure if its working.

Probably both. It really hurts to floss and the damn string always gets stuck in between teeth…quote=‘Helen’]Me too. Have you tried the electronic oral irrigators ( water flossing)? I have been going it but not sure if its working.[/quote]

I also don’t floss as often as I should. I had braces in my teens and there was a lot of brushing and flossing and general dental maintenance. I do use baking soda with my toothpaste (Colgate Total) every other night and also rinse with peroxide every once in a while to help with teeth whitening. I’d like to use charcoal toothpaste (where its already mixed with the toothpaste) because I know that has some dental health benefits and there is whitening there. It would be nice to do things a more “natural” way.

I use different toothpastes, but I normally use Crest pro health. I also floss regularly and I use the Crest Pro-Health mouthwash. I absolutely love my Philip’s sonicare toothbrush! I feel like it gets my teeth so much cleaner than a manual toothbrush, and it has a timer so I know I am brushing for the recommended amount of time. This awesome toothbrush is another one of those products I can’t live without.

Attachments

As stated by above user, an electric toothbrush revolutionilizes dental hygiene. It it timed, gets this hard to reach areas and the ossilation removes plaque and particles not possible via manual. Thus why your dentist uses electric for in office cleanings. I use Oral B, but have heard equally good things about Sonicare.
I also use baking soda, activated charcoal and coconut oil as my toothpaste. And do oil pulls with coconut oil 2x a week. Oil pulling is a detoxifying technique using coconut oil usually. It is the process of swishing a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth for 15-20 minutes, then spitting out. It detoxifies the blood and oral cavity. It works the opposite in principal as a sublingal which puts something in your bloodstream. Instead it pulls toxins out. Since it is also a natural disinfectant it also cures halitosis and removes plaque. It also whitens teeth. Raw Apple Cider Vinager with “Mother” also makes a great mouthwash. The “mother” indicates the presence of probiotics.

Fascinating!
I’ve never heard of this, will definitely research, thank you!

After meeting with a holistic dentist at a food co-op fair and seeing the toothpaste their office made, I was fascinated by natural mouth care. I began my research into oil pulling after trying several natural toothpastes and I found some amazing info! People in India rub mango leaves on their gums to prevent gum disease and clean their mouths. Other people chew on twigs (like neem), some people floss with pine needles which are naturally astringent. After watching an online seminar from an herbalist, I began experimenting with herbs and now I make my own mouthwash and toothpaste. (Listerine was originally made with thyme as a side note) I see so many people with health problems and mouth issues together, they go hand-in-hand. If you’re interested in your mouth and overall well-being, check out https://www.orawellness.com and read ingredients on your tooth product packaging! Jasön is probably the best all natural option that is sold in most stores, xylitol should be non-GMO because it comes from corn, alcohol and glycerin promote carries, and women should watch out for cinnamon sensitivity. Beauty and health include the mouth! If you don’t like your smile or are experiencing pain/discomfort, the whole body shows it- just look at others and notice their posture! Long post but I am passionate about this topic :slight_smile: I think I inherited it from my mother who was in the dental field for years, haha

I make my own mouthwash and toothpaste most of the time. Ingredients are simple and I store it in a glass jar.

I like sensodyne.
But if you need something to keep your mouth fresh thru out the day on the go,
carry a on the go size of Listerine mouth wash.
Drinks lots of water

Crest Pro Health is my favorite, and Listerine mouth wash.

Oil pulling is basicically swishing around extra virgin coconut oil and sucking it through your teeth for a rediculous jaw tireing 20 minutes, and then spitting it out.

This really grabs bacteria and gunk from your mouth and teeth.

Be sure NOT to swallow the oil!
Here is more info!

https://draxe.com/oil-pulling-coconut-oil/

I use Tom’s of Maine mouthwash. It is a flouride mouthwash that restores minerals, freshens breath, strengthens enamel, and is alcohol-free. I like using it because it feels similar to non-natural brands, but does not have artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. You can buy it here on Amazon (my favorite flavor):

I have been using Hello activated charcoal toothpaste(fluoride free) for about 2 weeks and I really like it. I can see a difference in stains on my teeth and I really do feel like I have a fresher mouth.

I just bought hello toothpaste charcoal product. I wanted to see what people were raving about. I’ve noticed no difference but having a gritty lining of black in your mouth is a little freaky.

I recently got a generic sonicare toothbrush. I have quite a few various charcoal powders and tubes of paste. My daughter has a ton of allergies and she hates brushing her teeth so I just bought a bunch of more natural ones for her to try. I used one powder a few times. haven’t noticed much of a difference. I suppose I have to use it more regularly though to see a change if there will be one.
Any one try a water flosser? I’ve been contemplating one of them lately. My friend just got one over the weekend and she was pretty impressed with the pressure it has and is liking it.

I love my water flosser!!!

I use Colgate total toothpaste but when my mouth gets sensitive I use Sensodyne Extra Whitening toothpaste. I also have permanent retainers so I have to use special flossers. I pretty much use any floss (but prefer mint-flavored). And at night I use ACT mouthwash with fluoride to strengthen my teeth.

Attachments

Floss in the evening, Crest whitening mouthwash in the morning, and brush twice a day. By brands of preference are Crest and Arm&amp:Hammer.
I also have retainers that i wear to bed and i soak them in denture cleaner before I wear them.