Refreshing Body Wash

Team,Our first product we’ll be co-creating together will be a Refreshing Body Wash.
Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be introducing polls, discussions, educational articles and questionnaires to better understand what you are looking for in your perfect daily cleanser!But first, how much do you know about how soap works?Why not head on over to the discussion board and let’s talk lather!

Awesome video! I had no idea that it takes 2 minutes of using antibacterial hand soap for the antibacterial properties to effectively work!

The FDA is full of interesting articles, we may be referencing some.Check this one out related to antibacterial hand soap. https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm378393.htmDirect quote from the article:“According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there isn’t enough science to show that over-the-counter (OTC) antibacterial soaps are better at preventing illness than washing with plain soap and water. To date, the benefits of using antibacterial hand soap haven’t been proven. In addition, the wide use of these products over a long time has raised the question of potential negative effects on your health.”

I had no idea it took 2 minutes for antibacterial soap to work. I would be willing to bet the average person doesn’t wash their hands for even 60 seconds.

This brings me back to OChem!

OMG! I did not know about this at all. Why is this not taught to us. This is an important thing that affects us in daily life. I am going to start 60 secs washing rule in my family.

Two minutes to wash hands would feel like areally long time!

wow, that was very informative. I would have never known it took 2 minutes for antibacterial soap to work.

nice video

I know we always had a rule to wash hands with a timer lol.We counted down the seconds growing up!

I always tell my students to sing the ABC song while they’re washing their hands.They usually don’t make it last 2 minutes but it does make them wash their hands a little longer!

Great things to know! I also remember having a timer for washing my hands, but I forgot all about that rule until it was mentioned here. Now I need to make sure I do this long enough from now on haha

I agree that there are a lot of soaps we use everyday but I think having a variety of them is a good thing. I just cleaned out my car 2 days ago and I felt like I was using too many things. But I do like having certain products for different things. Soap makes many people including myself feel clean.

I didn’t realize you were supposed to wash your hands for so long to ensure your hands are clean!Also reminds me of chemistry class back in the day haha.

Oral care is part of personal care, so this begs the next question, how long are we brushing our teeth for?According to the American Dental Association, it’s also two minutes:https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2012-archive/august/take-two-minutes-to-brush

i wash my hands afteri touch anything, to eliminate germs , so i don’t pass them to my 2 year old son. i use an antibacterial soap, dial, and it has helped a lot.

it usually takes me a little over 2 minutes to brush my teeth for me to feel like i brushed them correctly, and i brush my teeth 3 times a day, after i eat and drink, because juice has sugars in them and other things that wear down tooth enamel and food gets stuck in your teeth, sometimes you can’t see it, but it also takes a toll on wearing down your tooth enamel.

i also make sure my children brush their teeth when they wake up and before they go to bed to get rid of the sugars and other things in food and drinks that wear down tooth enamel. the dentist has told me all about it and it was cool to learn about it, i never thought that juice could be bad for your teeth.

there are a lot of interesting things in this community, i am glad i got to join, i do enjoy learning, and learning that it takes 60 seconds for an anti bacterial soap to work was interesting, i don’t think i have washed my hands for 60 seconds but i will from now on. great tip :slight_smile:

Ah yes, just because it’s natural, doesn’t mean it’s healthy!While I love juice, it’s really just a natural vitamin-infused sugar drink.Better to eat the fruit raw to get the fiber and buffer the release of insulin triggered by the dump of fructose into the system. (I put mine into smoothies… which reminds me, I need to go make my b-fast smoothie!).I’m getting off topic now, but may introduce a health/diet forum at some point.