Refreshing Your Skin

How does everyone like to refresh their skin in summer? I don’t handle heat very well and get hot and feel gross very quickly outside. What do you use to feel better?

I like the Urban Decay De Slick setting spray for setting my makeup, but I also think it helps to refresh my face throughout the day! And I only need a couple of spritz to feel better

Attachments

I drink a ton of water and I try to snack on foods with a high water content like cucumbers (I like 'em pickled, but that’s got a higher salt content).
I don’t usually wear makeup for more than a couple hours if I"m going to be outside all day.

Like others have commented, in the summer, I drink lots of water to stay hydrated. I eat lots of fruit, especially watermelon and cantaloupe, because it’s so refreshing and I seem to crave it during summer months. Besides staying well hydrated, I enjoy spritzing on Tarte’s Ready, Set, Radiant skin mist. It feels so nice and refreshing during those hot summer days. Plus it gives skin a nice, healthy looking glow. I love Tarte, I think I’ve loved about everything I’ve tried from their line, and it makes me happy that all their stuff is cruelty free.

Attachments

I love these Makeup remover cloths from Norwex!
Feels so good on your skin and really cleans your face!
You just wet them and wipe gently.

I use them a lot lately in this heat and humidity…I do not tolerate heat well either and if I’m sweaty or feeling yuck I will use these and feel super clean!

Attachments

I drink water if I’m outdoors in the heat. Besides that, I try to stay inside.

Hello Cider hydrosol sprays!
They come in beautiful green bottles and they have it in rose, lavender, tea tree and chamomile.
I have tried all but tea tree.
I like to keep the one I plan to use that day in the refrigerator.
I do the same with the hello cider face wipes. The wipes have all of the hydrosols in them. They are so cool, gentle and refreshing to me. When I come inside feeling hot and yucky it feels amazing.

Attachments

I have a little spray bottle with water and a little squeeze of aloe vera gel in it. ( I like Fruit of the Earth 100% pure aloe vera gel from Walmart). I
keep it in the fridge and spritz it on my face and neck when it is hot, especially before I leave to go somewhere. It’ s a light mist so it doesn’t really affect makeup or anything, but I don’t really wear anything heavy.

This stuff works amazing! I used it when I was in high school.

I like to wash my face 1-2 times a day with a exfoliator and/or some night-time face wash.

Attachments

I don’t normally wear make up when it’s really hot out. I just drink a lot of water. My morning coffee and then only water the rest of the day. And if I know I’m going to be outside for a few hours or more ahead of time I will plan to drink more water before going out too.

#teamAC.

I am hot natured and live in the South. I’ve had it my ac running since march.
Not a fan, but moving is not in the cards right now, so I you have to cope.

Cotton clothing or linen, hydration, and I will put some body spray in the fridge to spritz myself when I get home.
My favorite
Eau Dynamisante by Clarins for this purpose, a friend from Holland turned me on to it.
It is unisex and has a citrus spicy scent.
You don’t see them very often any more, but body splashes were very common. They are higher in alcohol.
I know several people who use 4711, which is from Germany
for this. It is super light and clean.
Even just some regular body spray from anywhere is great for this purpose.

Baby wipes or any kind of face wipe is great to keep in your purse to wipe down.

I lived in Israel for a spell and learned a trick that is common throughout the Levant: they, unlike Americans with our tumblers of ice, drink hot beverages.
Same with spicy foods in a lot of countries across the globe with hot climates.
As our summers get more extreme, it really behooves use to look globally for
how people across the world manage.
Yes, i do enjoy cold drinks.
Lots of them. Mostly though, I seriously try to stay inside when and if possible.

I saw a fan at a beauty supply store & I think I am going to go buy it, I think it will not only come in handy, it will be a glamourous affect!

I love using the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea after being in the sun to help calm and refresh my face.
I use this a lot after I’ve mowed the yard since I get so hot and flushed (and red even with the sunscreen on).
It’s refreshing and helps calm my skin.

tons of hydration… water water water and I love this Laneige water sleeping mask .
it’s a gel you put in at night that feels so amazing. you can literally feel the refreshing hydration sinking into your skin.
Soooo refreshing.

Attachments

I keep a small spray bottle filled with rose water and essential oils…usually a few drops each of lavender, frankincense, and tea tree, but you could use any that you prefer. I spray it on my face after yoga, and throughout the day, and it’s delightful and refreshing.

That is a great question that I never thought of. I usually drink lots of water and stay hydrated. I am going to try some of
the other ideas.

I have been using Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist as the last step in my skincare routine. Its very hydrating, refreshing, and soothing!

Attachments

Aloe Vera mist kept in the fridge. It is amazingly cooling and very healthy for the skin. Also effectively treats and soothes sun damaged skin.

Yes me too! I get super hot super quick and it’s so humid I get all sticky and gross and my face is like an oil slick! I would love some advice as well!

i use revlon photo ready prep. set refresh mist from ulta.com.
it has worked great for me, and it isn’t very costly. i used to just put water in a spray bottle and set the spray bottle to mist and that worked pretty good too.