Silk pillowcases?

Anyone here try using a silk pillow case and seeing a difference in hair and face? I’ve recently read in groups that it’s amazing and makes a huge difference. Just haven’t gotten around to try it yet. Also on pillow case talk… how often do you guys wash pillow cases? Another thing I’ve recently learned more about. Nice hot water and weekly is best. I try to do weekly but I often just use the warm water cycle.

:newspaper_roll: Skin creams linked to deaths in fires

I did buy one and I don’t see any difference if I use it or if I don’t.

I chaǹge and wash my pillowcases every day or I will break out!
Never tried silk but had a satin pillowcase that seemed to make my hair more shiny.
Silk would be better for my face bc it’s anti microbial.

I haven’t seen the point in buying one to be honest.

I don’t use silk pillow cases, but I do
strip all of the beds in our home every Wednesday and wash them all on a hot water cycle.

We have multiple sets of sheets and pillow cases, so I just change/remake a bed as soon as I strip it.
I do prefer the pillow cases with a higher thread count, or Egyptian cotton…they just feel better and smoother!

I use silk pillow cases for my curls. It was highly recommended by one of my girlfriends. I haven’t noticed a difference in my completion.
For my hair, the difference is moderate at best, but I also don’t treat and wrap my hair before I go to sleep like my friend does.

i haven’t tried using a silk pillow case yet. but i have been meaning to for awhile now i forgot all about it.
i wash my pillow cases once or twice a week in hot water.

Silk is definitely more slippery, is that the idea… Your hair slides more than sticks?

I don’t use silk pillow case but my husband does. I like cotton ones but really haven’t tried them. Also, I wash my pillow cases on a monthly basis.

I have personally not, but I heard some people raving about them so I looked them up.
The selling point is it causes less tangles and creases in your face. I don’t know if that is true, but I know from looking the prices can vary from 29 and over 100. I looked at various retailers, and I did notice the cheaper ones tended to be more “silk like” or satin, so definitely check descriptions make sure you getting silk.

I decided if I ever go to Bed, Bath and Beyond I’ll give them a look-see.
Go figure, my father worked in the bedding/textile industry
and there is a bit of hype and misinformation, so I always make sure I can feel a sample.

In fact the one time I didn’t, I ordered some satin sheets frpm a catalog for my first apartment of my own, and I didn’t make it through the night, bc I literally was SLIDING off my bed! It was pretty funny.

The advice other gave about frequently changes is very true. Not just for skin and hair, but if you have allergies.

Sleep is such a personal thing, we all have our needs and quirks. It is also my favorite hobby!

ar

This is a pretty interesting thread. I have never heard of sleeping with a silk pillow case to help improve your complexion or the condition of your hair. I may have to try this.

Never used one but then my pleasure loving cats would probably shred them in 48 hours, destroying any smoothness advantage. (Yes, one of them does sleep with her head on the pillow!)

I have never heard of or tried using a silk pillowcase for hair and complexion. Does it really work? I wash my pillowcases and everything on my bed 2-3 times per week.

I have used satin pillowcases for my hair before, but not silk. I’ve never heard about the complexion benefit, just hair. I do know that sleeping on a “slippery” pillowcase makes a difference in preventing damage to the hair. A friend of mine was complaining that her hair was breaking off in the back and I asked what kind of pillowcase she slept on, cotton. I told her to use a satin or silk one. She did and the breakage stopped and her hair starting growing again in that area.

I don’t wash my pillowcases as often as I should, thanks for reminding me to do it! Hahah I’ve never tried silk pillowcases, but I think it’s worth looking into. I didn’t know they could be good for your hair too!

I wash my pillow cases at least once a week in hot water.
I have never tried a silk pillowcase.
I do use very high count, soft cotton but I know that’s supposedly not as good.

I make sure that I wash my cotton pillowcases once a week.
I keep my hair wrapped when I sleep so I don’t have to worry about pillowcases.

I use a satin pillow case or tie a satin bandanna around my head before I go to sleep and I notice less breakage and my hair isn’t as dry as it was. I would like to try silk, but I’m rough on my pillow/bedding and I don’t know if it will hold up.

Benefits for your skin and hair: Both polyester satin silk pillowcases and natural silk pillowcases provide benefits to your skin and hair through reduced friction. This reduces split ends in your hair, pulling on your facial skin and both diminish crease wrinkles in the face. However, because silk is a natural protein, it also provides additional benefits. Silk pillowcases are often recommended by dermitologists to be benefical to your skin and hair Natural silk is a very good thermal insulator, helping you to stay cooler during the summer months and warmer during the winter months, which supports healthy skin. Last, silk is naturally hypoallergenic and is resistant to mold, mildew, fungus and dust mites.The following link expounds on the benefits as well as including quality sources at reasonable prices.

I have heard the same thing, it also helps for hair loss. I havent purchased one yet, but its something I definitely want to try. I usually wash my pillowcase, sheets, and comforter every week and in the summer 2 times a week.