Skin Care Devices

Curious to know how many of you use the addition of skincare tool or devices as part of your regime? I have seen Jade Rollers, Epilady mentioned. But am wondering if any of you have tried a high-frequency device, a skin tag/removal device, a face massager, an electrolysis pen or any other unique tools or devices. Personally I own a comedone extraction tool kit, electrolysis pen, Parrafin Bath, hard wax kit and a high frequency device.

Attachments

Forgot to mention that I own a Clarisonic device as well :wink:

The only device I use is my Wave.

Attachments

I don’t use anything like that yet, but I’ve wanted a PMD for years. It’s supposed to help with scarring and skin texture and can make skin brighter, healthier, smoother, and more radiant. I’ve seen and read great things about it, it’s just a bit out of my price range ($200) It really does seem amazing though.https://pmdbeauty.com/product/pmd-personal-microderm-pro-us-canada/

Attachments

The only thing that I own is an extraction tool.
Outside of that, I’m not really educated on most of the devices you mentioned.

I occasionally use the Derma Wand, when I remember. :thinking:

Given up on most gadgets, they end up gathering dust under the sink.

I have the Trophy Skin in home microdermabrasion system and I do like it.
I haven’t really ever tried to many of those hopeful gadgets.

I use a dermaroller, I havent tried any of the others. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now

Whoa, those are some crazy devices.
Do you have any video links on how to use them?
Would love to know more!

I have an electronic facial cleansing brush and that’s about it. Half the time I don’t use a lot of gadgets like that. I did try a microneedle derma roller but i only used it once.

sorry i haven’t.

I saw this short film on Dust (they do artsy sci-fi short films) and the android housewife uses one of those light acne face masks.
I love how they incorporated the mask into the storyline symbolically.

I’ve never tried any of these devices, but I have really been thinking about getting a Clarisonic or Foreo Luna. I’m interested in finding out if devices like these are that much better than manual cleansing and if they truly make a difference in skin health and appearance. If anyone has had great results from any of these, please let me know. I would hate to waste that much money on something that wasn’t really worth it.

Attachments

artsy indeed!
Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I wonder if the clarisonic knock off are any good?
We love our Mia…

I have an extraction tool set, a derma roller (micro-needler) and some facial brushes (nothing motorized.) And of course she Jade roller I have used a couple of times.

I also have one of those finishing touch things…really don’t use that too much since I have a hard wax warmer.

Love the ease of waxing without papers!
How do you clarisonic users like that device?

And PLEASE tell me more about the electrolysis pen!

I have tried the jade rollers and a device that boosts plasma in the skin therefore supposedly eliminating fine lines, acne scars and dark discoloration.
But the one thing that absolutely works well for me is a dermaroller.

My favorite in home device is my High Frequency. Which professional spas used. I found out about it in esthetics school, fell in love with it and noticed a myriad of uses and benefits including:

1. Helps to reduce puffy eyes & dark eye circles. Dark eye circles are a resulted of hemoglobin that has leaked out of broken capillaries under the eyes. The electrical current from a high frequency treatment causes blood circulation to rush in that area and allows deeper penetration of skincare products into the tissue there.Consequently, the dark eye circles are reduced, making the eyes look brighter, fresher and more youthful.It will also help to tighten eye muscles, decongesting puffy eyes and making this area smoother.2. Treats existing acne & prevents further onsetWhen combined with acne medication, undergoing this treatment can cleanse the skin of bacteria and toxins that cause acne. Undergoing this beauty treatment also makes the skin more receptive to acne treatment products and the results can be quite dramatic.3. Improves the appearance of celluliteThe oxygen molecule producing technology of this treatment boosts blood circulation, gently exfoliates the skin, helps in lymphatic drainage and promotes healthy cell metabolism.All of this aids in the improvement of cellulite appearance, causing the skin to look firmer, more refined and smoother.4. Promotes healthier hair growthWhen used on the scalp, the rapid oscillation of this high frequency treatment device/machine, heat is supplied to the area, local blood circulation is improved, local glandular activity is stimulated and the skin is gently exfoliated.Not only does this soothe the nervous system, it also makes the scalp more receptive to hair growth formulas.5. Reduces blackheads & enlarged poresThe high frequency current produces a gentle spray of oxygen molecules that penetrate deep into the areas that are affected by blackheads and enlarged pores.They clean out all the debris and toxins, control sebum production and soften up the skin, which eliminates the blackheads and reduced the size of the enlarged pores.The high frequency electrical current not only subtly warms the skin tissue, it also causes blood circulation to immediately rush to the skin.Consequently, tiny underlying blood vessels and muscle groups contract to flush out toxins.Furthermore, the increase in hydration and nutrients causes the skin cells to produce more collagen and elastin, which can prove to be quite beneficial for the overall skin condition and texture.The High Frequency was invented by the well-known scientist Nikola Tesla in the 1800s, high-frequency current was largely used for antibacterial infections like strep throat and other problems. So it is excellent in the treatment of acne.I purchased mine on Amazon for $40

Video link on how to use an at home high frequency device:https://youtu.be/yYjWWnFtVDs