Skin changes during your period

Found an interesting article that gives a breakdown of skin changes during your period: https://fashionmagazine.com/beauty/skin-menstrual-cycle/Does anyone change their skin routine to address period-related skin issues and what works for you?

I usually don’t change my skincare unless i
feel m skin is too dry or too oily at that time.

Due to the birth control I am on, thankfully I don’t have to worry about issues like these!

I use more acne treatment products.
Spot treatments mainly.

Always suffered from hormonal acne breakouts.

I just spot treat the few breakouts I get around my period. Luckily I don’t see too many changes in my skin then.

yes. my skin gets oily during that week and i have to use acne washes for my face. when normally i just use dove or dial for my face.

It’s crazy how much your skin can change during different parts of the cycle! I have two acne creams from my dermatologist. Both are Tazorac, but one is slightly stronger than the other. I typically use the weaker one, but I switch to the stronger one when I know that’s going to be starting that week. I used to get mild-moderate hormonal acne and I’m on a birth control for it, but sometimes it just isn’t enough! I also like to use charcoal masks a little more often during that time. I really like this Freeman one because it gets the job done, isn’t ridiculously drying, and it’s very inexpensive!https://www.ulta.com/charcoal-black-sugar-mask?productId=xlsImpprod12041931

Attachments

Oh, the breakouts!

I get some breaking out too. I just try to drink extra water before and during my menstruation cycle and wash my face at least once a day.

I actually know that my period is on the way based on acne. I’ve kind of noticed that around that time I sometimes get a pimple or two on my chin (where I never breakout usually). I don’t know if anyone else has looked at the face mapping charts, but the chin matches up with the reproductive system, so that kind of makes sense.

Attachments

Like most other women, I get the tell-tale zit or two during that oh so special time of the month. I use an essential oil acne spot treatment by Jade Bloom called Smoothe. It is a rollerball of organic essential oils of: Moringa Seed, Clary Sage (GREAT for hormonal issues as well as acne), Tea Tree, Lavendar and Bergamot. It is nothing short of miraculous. It works immediately overnight with no harsh or harmful ingredients.https://jadebloom.com/essential-oils/blends/smoothe-acne-blend-therapeutic-blend-5ml.html

I tend to break out around my mouth and forehead during my period–I really like using a black mud clay mask and apply tea tree oil to the acne spots after applying a facial spray when I get out of the shower. I also have the temptation to touch my face more when I breakout during my period, so I try to keep my hair up and out of my face so I have one less reason to touch near my face.

I have gone through menopause 2 times so I am unfortunately not much help with this.
But, when I did have periods I never changed anything.

I haven’t noticed any changes in my skin during my period, When I was younger i used to get break out a day or two prior to it starting. But for the past 5 years I haven’t had break out or noticed any kind of change,.

Pushed this topic out of my memory. :blush:

Like someone else commented, thanks to birth control (depo provera shot), I haven’t had a period in about 2 years. But even back before that, I never really changed my skincare routine because of my period. I always just used a spot treatment for any pimples that did happen to pop up. The balanceme natural skincare congested skin serum works really well for me. It seems to dry up those darn pimples in no time, plus it’s natural. If you’re interested you can find it at www.skinstore.com

Attachments

I take iron pills on my period.

I got a sample of this in Birchbox but haven’t tried it yet. It’s exciting to see something good about it though! I can’t wait to give it a go!

I use more spot treatments particularly with salicylic acid around my chin and jaw area about a week before my period begins.

Those are awful,
have you ever thought of drinking nettle leaf and cinnamon tea?