Sunscreen

I just saw a Sephora ad for a prismatic sunscreen that dries shimmery on your skin and I’d love to find a healthier version of that concept.What kind of sunsceen works best for you?Should I try to look for a sunscreen with shimmer in it or would mixing my own shimmer into my sunscreen work?

I used to use a body lotion that gave my skin a shimmery, healthy looking glow but I can’t remember what it was called. I remember it smelling so good and being super moisturizing as well. I would love to find that stuff again.

I really like the ELTA MD and you can always try to do a shimmer with it.My favorite liquid shimmer is by Marc Jacobs.

Hey, by all means, remember it, it sounds great!

How timely! Just last week I was thinking about how when I was in college I wore Calvin Klein’s Obsession Shimmering Body Lotion. It left a faint, but noticeable metallic golden glow on my skin and it smelled wonderful. John I was wondering if you would consider developing a healthy version of a shimmering body lotion?:blush: The present substitute that I use is Burt’s Bees Radiance Body Lotion with Royal Jelly. It doesn’t shimmer as much as the Obsession lotion, but it is healthier.

You can make your own, use any cream or lotion sunscreen and add an the cover fx drops or another similar product

I am definitely a believer in sunscreen, but if I go outdoors for a short time to do something in the yard, like water flowers I tend not to put it on.
My makeup has sunscreen in it, and last summer I noticed my face looked way too white compared to the rest of my body.

Thus
I am enjoying reading the suggestions of all of you regarding sunscreen because I need to use it more faithfully this summer.
And for those that want shimmer, I would think you could easily add that to your sunscreen bottle.

Sounds cool…I’m sure a shimmery look would be pretty.
However, I’m not so sure I would want it in a sunscreen.
I remember jergens had a natural glow shimmery tinted lotion a few years back…it was pretty.

While it’s generally agreed upon that chemical sunscreens have short-term as well as long-term health risks, more companies are utilizing mineral ingredients in their sunscreen formulations. While most sunscreens claim to use either mineral barriers or chemical barriers in their formulations, seeing the words “Mineral Ingredients” on a label is not an automatic indicator of its efficacy or safety. Even sunscreens that boast their use of “Natural Mineral Ingredients” on their label will more often than not use harmful chemicals in conjunction with those minerals in the interest of either boosting their SPF or lengthening the formulations shelf life. When selecting a sunscreen that’s right for you and your family, it’s important to consider the following:-Typically, sunscreens on the market currently use 1 method of filtration of UV rays: Chemical and Mineral. They are vastly different from one another, and generally, mineral sunscreens are considered the safer option.-More than half of the commercial sunscreens that are allowed to be on shelves here in the US would never make it to market in most European countries due to the more stringent standards overseas regarding UV protection.-As indicated by the recent Environmental Working Group (EWG) study, 72% of sunscreens tested contained either inadequate or falsely advertised) sun protection or contained ingredients considered harmful by the FDA.( https://www.ewg.org/sunscreen )-16% of sunscreens advertised as “Sport” sunscreens contained Retinyl Palmitate, which is a Vitamin A derivative linked to speeding up the growth of cancerous cells by 21%. The inclusion of this ingredient allows companies to put the words “Anti-Aging” on their labels, but the minuscule anti-aging properties of a Vitamin A derivative does not counteract it being a cancer-causing agent.-65% of non-mineral sunscreens contain oxybenzone, which is especially concerning, as it is an “endocrine disruptor” meaning it leads to the reduction of sperm count in men and endometriosis in women.-While convenient, spray sunscreens should generally be avoided, as most ingredients used in sunscreens (even mineral sunscreens) are harmful when inhaled. However, mineral sunscreens in lotion form do not pose this risk of airborne mineral inhalation. Mineral sunscreens that do not use micronized or non-nano minerals also do not pose the same risk of unintended absorption. If using a mineral sunscreen, micronized or nano zinc oxide/titanium dioxide should not be used, as those smaller particles can be absorbed into the skin and have been shown to cause damage to the liver, spleen, stomach, and pancreas

I would also love to find a good sunscreen that incorporated a nice shimmer. I wouldn’t want much because makeup tends to melt away with Tn summers and I feel it would be more irritating than anything

I had a lotion that would would make your legs shimmer and would last for a few days and threw out the bottle ,and with a tan it looked so nice

That sounds cool! I’ve never used any sunscreen with glitter in it. I’ve always stuck to high SPF basics like Banana Boat, but I’d like to find a nice face one someday. I’d assume you could just add your own shimmer if you can’t find anything like that
one! I don’t see why not!

I was actually going to say the same thing! I use Banana Boat and X-Treme Sport sunscreens. They were from my parents so they’re probably from the 90’s. I wish I had sparkly sunscreen.

That’s nice! I use

Biossance Squalene + Mineral SPF 45. It is made without parabens, phthalates and other harmful chemicals.
Ingredients are good. It’s also free of synthetic fragrance, which is a bonus if you have super sensitive skin. The texture is creamy so it works well if you have dry skin.
There are tiny sparkly particles in the cream which gives the skin a subtle glow.

Yes! I used to use this! It was awesome :slight_smile:

I don’t have a shimmery sunscreen but elizavecca has this amazing cream that is white when you start to ru b it in, then turns pink, disappears and leaves a light glowy shimmer.
It has niacinamide in it for brightening dark spots and has worked great for me.
I use a separate sunscreen over my stuff with vitamins and shimmers.
The elizavecca product is on Amazon for around ten dollars but has lasted me two months not even scratching the surface.
It is called moisture sparkle cream. It is very moisturizing and thick but absorbs great.

I think shimmery sunscreen is neat but I think I’ll just try to make my own at home by applying my sun screen with a little highlighter over it.

I remember one like this as well… I believe it was in the Olay Family of moisturizers.

I get such dark hyperpigmentation on my face… even when using spf 50+ it seems to darken out in the sun. My favorite product I’ve found so far that doesn’t irritate my skin or make my eyes water is IT cosmetics foundations… they even have one with a built in shimmer. It’s a little on the heavy side but it’s supposed to take the place of your moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup. I’ve tried other brands like Goop and Neutrogena but they immediately get my eyes all puffy/watery.

I also recall an Olay product, like an in shower body lotion that had shimmery particles in it that stayed on your skin after you rinsed.