Tattoo TLC

Interesting question…I had never thought of them needing to heal !
Obviously, I don’t have any tattoos.

Good luck and happy healing!

I have always liked Tattoo Goo and unrefined
virgin coconut oil work for really well for me for my tattoos. A &amp:D ointment works too, but I don’t love the smell.

I keep it clean with a good soap: it is similar to what is used in doctors’ offices and hospitals.
https://m.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-advanced-antibacterial-hand-wash-8-5-oz-prodid-905646?skuId=905646And then I keep it looking good with Hustle Butter. I use during healing and even after. I have used it on every tattoo that I have. www.hustlebutter.com

They are basically a wound to the surface of the skin. They will bleed and scab up like any other wound. The healing isn’t so bad: except when they itch. :slight_smile:

I have several tattoos that I got when I was younger. I always used Aquaphor on mines and it never disappoints.

I have several and I have never purchased or used any special products, I have use a really good skin moisturizer so my skin stays nourished and balanced. Sunscreen is something I’m fairly new at incorporating so finding a good one is something I will be researching.

While I was unable to quickly locate any clinical trials, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, petroleum-based products can fade tattoos over time: they recommend a water-based lotion or cream.

https://www.aad.org/public/skin-hair-nails/skin-care/caring-for-tattooed-skin

As for the products with pretrolium,

does that apply to fresh tattoo or tattoos period? I mean as far as the fading goes?

Not sure, best I could tell evidence is anecdotal.
Studies needed!

Try “Badger”, good healthy product, even on sensitive skin as far as I’ve seen it work.

After reading one of the latest forum topics it reminded me of dry body oil.
I use dry body oil and it makes my tattoos look fresher and more vibrant!

I don’t have any tattoos, but for healing purposes, I use an Aloe Vera gel. It also moisturizes.

Here’s where a quality lotion comes into play. When you allow your new tattoo to dry out it slows down the cellular activity and actually delays proper healing. You’ll see it first hand in the form of scabs forming all over your skin. But it’s what you don’t see that should worry you. I’m talking about the prime food source for bacteria, aka infections, and other outside containments.Now, when you apply lotion you are doing more than just keeping the wound moist, and preventing the above. The truth is, you’re also allowing the healing cells to freely move across the wound to close it. Not to mention, you should know that lotion will not clog your pores or pull out the ink. That’s fantasy and really only happens when you grossly over apply it in huge amounts.Treat your skin good and you’ll feel great. It’s incredibly easy.Why coconut oil is a great choice for tattoo after care.1. Moist SkinCoconut oil is the fat extracted from the flesh of coconuts. The medium chain fatty acids found in it retain your skin’s moisture, meaning you new tattoo won’t dry out.2. ProtectionSpecifically, the capric, caprylic and lauric fatty acids within coconut act as a natural disinfectant, protecting your tattoo from microbial infections. After paying all that money for a tattoo, the last thing you want is to have bacteria ruin your tattoo artist’s hard work.3. Free RadicalsThe presence of Vitamin E in coconut oil plays two roles: it keeps your skin smooth, preventing dryness and cracking, but also blocks free radicals from your body which keeps your skin youthful in appearance.
Skin RejuvenationProteins in coconut oil assist in rejuvenating the skin after the trauma of tattooing. The proteins repair damaged cells at a normal, healthy rate throughout the healing process.

Attachments

I use aquaphor patrollium jelly. It’s breathable and healing

I have several all over as well as a small star by my eye. I use coconut oil, vitamin E oil, and just a regular sunscreen. The “special tattoo “ products have nothing different other than a lifted price!!

this works really good on mine.

Awesome! Never seen this before!