What are the best ezcema products to get for a 13 year old?

i have tried every eczema product for my daughter, but i can’t seem to find any that work for her. but i have also noticed that her skin is very oily and so is her hair. i was wondering being as i am using moisturizers to try and treat it, such as aveeno, could the extra oil/ moisture from these lotions causing the ezcema to get worse? or am i just using the wrong products? i have taken her to the doctor of course and they haven’t recommended anything other then trying aveeno ezcemalotion for babies, which is almost as thick as vasoline when she applies it on her skin. i have learned a lot in this community, but i still can’t figure out how a product designed for something specific doesn’t work/ gives no relief.

Have you taken a good look at her diet? I’m not saying you don’t feed her well, I’m saying we are all nutritional individuals and she may have special needs at this time in her life. (Would you be 13 again for any reason? There’s so much going on physiologically) When my brother was a kid, he was put on a pretty severe elimination diet. It did work and he eventually grew out of the problem. I can’t remember what it was but I bet an internet search would bring up some good starting places. Also, some body work aimed at normalizing nervous function, like chiropractic or acupuncture might help her. Good luck to both of you.

she eats healthy. she eats salads, fruits, and vegetables mainly. sometimes she tends to eat fastfood though. thank you i will google search this :slight_smile:

i have tried every eczema product for my daughter, but i can’t seem to find any that work for her. but i have also noticed that her skin is very oily and so is her hair. i was wondering being as i am using moisturizers to try and treat it, such as aveeno, could the extra oil/ moisture from these lotions causing the ezcema to get worse? or am i just using the wrong products? i have taken her to the doctor of course and they haven’t recommended anything other then trying aveeno ezcemalotion for babies, which is almost as thick as vasoline when she applies it on her skin. i have learned a lot in this community, but i still can’t figure out how a product designed for something specific doesn’t work/ gives no relief.[/ ]
Have you taken a good look at her diet? I’m not saying you don’t feed her well, I’m saying we are all nutritional individuals and she may have special needs at this time in her life. (Would you be 13 again for any reason? There’s so much going on physiologically) When my brother was a kid, he was put on a pretty severe elimination diet. It did work and he eventually grew out of the problem. I can’t remember what it was but I bet an internet search would bring up some good starting places. Also, some body work aimed at normalizing nervous function, like chiropractic or acupuncture might help her. Good luck to both of you.]

I’ve never suffered with eczema so I am not someone who can give any input.

I did some research and found that coconut oil can be used topically and helps heal the skin. Does she eat anything with omega-3 fatty acids? Foods that are rich in vitamin D might help. So many people don’t get enough vitamin D3! The recommended amount by most doctors is so low. Moisturizing at least twice a day is also important. You could always massage her problem areas with coconut oil while you’re hanging out together or watching a movie? It must be stressful when you’re that age :frowning:

would you happen to have any recommendations on a specific product with coconut oil in it or do i just buy coconut oil by itself? thank you for your advice.
oh , she eats mainly vegetables, fruits and salads. but i will look into the vitamin D at her dr.s office .

I have keratosis pilaris and use AmLactin. It is meant for rough, dry skin which is what I deal with. This stuff is a little acidic but I see my bumpy, red skin clear up after an hour or two of having it on. Ezcema is different but I’d assume deep conditioning lotions would help. Maybe even Eucerin or Aveeno might help.

Attachments

I’ve never dealt with eczema so I can’t help with this topic.

thank you so much i will most definitely buy it for her and let her try it.

Tumeric… treats many skin conditions. Helps in Treating EczemaEczema is a term, collectively used for a number of conditions that cause swelling, bruises, itching, redness and inflammation in the skin.Also, called dermatitis, eczema is usually caused by irritants, stress, allergens, genetic makeup or other diseases. It is not contagious and is common in children.The most common type of eczema is atopic eczema that causes dry and itchy skin leading to cuts and breaks.Though turmeric has been shown to alleviate many types of eczema, most research and scientific evidence is available for atopic dermatitis and other common variants of this disease.Turmeric has been shown to reduce the skin irritation, rashes, itching, swelling, inflammation, and redness associated with most types of eczema.It has the power to restore the hydration in the skin affected with atopic eczema and prevent the drying and scaling of the same. More details and recipes here: www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-cures/turmeric-for-eczema-and-itching

Attachments

yes, it is just
the rash , inflammation, itching, and of course redness. thank you very much

My son has always had eczema and the one thing that clears up the patches pretty quickly is avocado oil. I mix it with his lotions and creams and it really helps sooth and moisturize his dry skin. I think because of the high fat content in the oil
it helps with the dry skin.

i will definitely have to try that, plus avocado oil has a nice scent to it. thank you very much

I very recently started getting eczema, so I can’t give product recommendations from experience, but I did see a product recently that I’d like to try at some point and have read great things about. It’s called Eczema Honey. It’s 100% organic and natural. I think it’s worth looking into!https://eczemahoneyco.com/

Attachments

thank you , i think my daughter would love that, she loves the smell of honey, and needs something for her ezcema. it gets bad on her arms

My son had eczema as a child and it was recommended to me to combat it from the inside. I started giving him cod liver oil in his juice.

I have heard a lot of gluten can cause ezema to flare up.

The Doctors try product

I was watching a YouTube video today that The Doctors showed some woman trying. The product was Bye-Bye Redness by IT Cosmetics. It might be worth researching it. When the woman used it, it looked like makeup. Depending on how you feel about a 13-year-old trying a makeup-like product you might be ok with it. It seemed to work and I think it’s about $35.

Have you tried just plain Jane coconut oil? My daughter uses it for her Eczema all the time. Also maybe you should switch the soaps she is using. That can make it break out worse. I’m sorry for your situation it is a lot harder then people think to soothe and prevent flare ups.

I can’t say if this is effective or not, but this trial for a free sample was emailed to me.